Bestop Supertop Classic soft top issue

Boboddy

Supporting Member
Went to install a Bestop Supertop Classic I bought off Craiglist. Install was going smoothly until I went to install the horizontal frame rod into the windshield bracket. I could tell right away that something wasn't adding up and it wasn't matching the instructions either. Watched a video of the install and it is a completely different mechanism.

What's going on with this frame? Is it for the wrong model or what? Any easy fixes? I'm hoping I can just buy different windshield brackets to fit it.

20200731_193024.jpg

What on earth. That doesn't look right at all. There should be a upper door surround there, and that piece doesn't even look like it belongs to a soft top frame.

Went to install a Bestop Supertop Classic I bought off Craiglist. Install was going smoothly until I went to install the horizontal frame rod into the windshield bracket. I could tell right away that something wasn't adding up and it wasn't matching the instructions either. Watched a video of the install and it is a completely different mechanism.

What's going on with this frame? Is it for the wrong model or what? Any easy fixes? I'm hoping I can just buy different windshield brackets to fit it.

View attachment 180775

Last edited:

View attachment 180775
Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am in the exact same situation. I am very confused….