Bestop: Supertop NX or Trektop NX?

lovemachine

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I currently have the Bestop Supertop NX. Love it. Unfortunately, it's starting to fall apart. The rear window zipper is messed up, so I can no longer remove it. And the driver side rear flaps are starting to come apart from the plastic retainer clip, the part that hooks onto the tub.

Anyway, come spring I will be replacing the top. And the Trektop NX has caught my eye. I have never had a frameless top before. And now that I have a son, I don't see myself taking the top off my jeep anytime soon.

I'm trying to decide which look I like better. I think the Trektop NX gives the TJ more of a "sporty" look, and I will admit I'm not a fan of the "fastback" look on the JK's. And on the TJ's, it just looks better because it's not so "in your face".

So which look do you guys like better, the supertop NX or the trektop NX?

I have the Trektop NX and absolutely love it. It's very easy to flip the front portion back when the weather is nice and quickly close it when needed. The windows slide and zip in and out with ease. It is very versatile with several different configurations. I almost exclusively run it with no windows and was worried it would flap around with no windows, etc but it does not - at all. The only thing that did were the rear seat belts but I got 2 black velcro straps and secured them to the roll bars - silent (I don't run me back seat). In my opinion - go with the Trektop nx. Have fun and congrats on your new son.

Not a fan personally of the Trek top look. I like the oem soft top look better. You did ask what we liked. If you like the look, though, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Doesn't the Supertop NX also have the sunrider feature?

Not a fan personally of the Trek top look. I like the oem soft top look better. You did ask what we liked. If you like the look, though, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Doesn't the Supertop NX also have the sunrider feature?

Yep, I did ask. And was hoping for honest opinions I go back and forth on them...

Yes, the Supertop NX has the sun rider feature as well, and I use it often.

I'm not a fan of the Trektop look at all. So my vote is for the Supertop NX.

Sorry to drag this back from the archives, but I have the same exact situation. And I am considering the Super Trek top because I like the idea of no bows. I don't run the back seat and I will even remove my back seat belts.

@lovemachine, what did you end up getting and are you happy with it?

Sorry to drag this back from the archives, but I have the same exact situation. And I am considering the Super Trek top because I like the idea of no bows. I don't run the back seat and I will even remove my back seat belts.

@lovemachine, what did you end up getting and are you happy with it?
I owned both tops new and I will never own another trektop nx again (unbelievably loud and unimpressive product for the price). Supertop nx/factory top with a duster was a more appropriate solution for myself in the sunmer & using my hard top in the winter.

Reactions: ac_
I can’t stand the look of the frameless tops personally. I think they look ugly as sin.

I can’t stand the look of the frameless tops personally. I think they look ugly as sin.

I am not sure if I mind the look so much. I do for sure like the classic look of the bow top, but I think I like the price and the versatility of the bow less top. Although I am kind of liking the twill. Too many choices, not enough money

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
The frameless tops take a bit more time to take off and put back on than a framed top, IMO. Jeep buddy of mine just recently bought the Super top NX in the twill material and loves it. Bunch quieter than the sail cloth.

I am not sure if I mind the look so much. I do for sure like the classic look of the bow top, but I think I like the price and the versatility of the bow less top. Although I am kind of liking the twill. Too many choices, not enough money
Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a colored twill variant offered by Bestop.

I can’t even really talk. I don’t own a soft top at all. Only a hard top. That’s because I’m really just a top on or top off looks of guy. There’s absolutely no in between for me.

I can’t even really talk. I don’t own a soft top at all. Only a hard top. That’s because I’m really just a top on or top off looks of guy. There’s absolutely no in between for me.
I was too until I was caught in a 5 hour drive from Ocala to Alabama with no soft top on. That is the wettest my jeep has ever been, with ankle deep water on the floor. Now I have what we call in my friend group: "Soft Top Insurance" lol.

Reactions: ac_ and bobthetj03