BF Goodrich KO2's on a 2.5 lift: should I go 33" or 35"?

They run 1/2" small on most sizes, which is pretty normal across the industry. They also have a lot of flex in the sidewall and tread to give a proper footprint and aid in maximizing traction. When aired up to 25psi my 33's would measure about 32" tall due to the contact patch flattening out where it contacts the road.
My experience with BFG - across metric and LT tire sizes, AT/MT tread, C, D and E-load ranges, etc, is that they measure ~1" shorter than advertised...

35" advertised = 34" actual
33" = 32"
315/70/17 (34.5" advertised) = 33.5"

This is over at least a half-dozen sets over the past 10 years!

Reactions: Jamesval035
My experience with BFG - across metric and LT tire sizes, AT/MT tread, C, D and E-load ranges, etc, is that they measure ~1" shorter than advertised...

33" = 32"

I would say inflated and loaded that's accurate. Most manufacturers list actual dimensions inflated and unloaded.

Reactions: pc1p

33" = 32"

Ya, most peeps know this going into tires searches/buying, atleast I hope they’d do their research. But I didn’t see anything or read anything about the smaller tire widths before buying, so I was surprised when I measured. Either way, super satisfied with them. I’d buy them again.

Also, for your uses OP, I’d probably go with the 33’s

Here is my TJ. Quite possibly the nicest TJ out there. 2" OME lift 33 KO's that run small, which makes it a very good combo if you don't rock crawl or do really heavy duty off road. Mine is too nice to wheel hard. :)

IMG_0397.jpeg

The Jeep I was going after in looks was Chris's old one. I do love his old TJ.
jeep goal.jpg

Reactions: khakitj and Alex01