Bikini & Windjammer Setup on LJ

freebo86

TJ Enthusiast
I am looking at doing a bikini, windjammer and tonneau cover setup on my LJ. I have the tonneau cover that fits the LJ, however I am looking for a Bikini Top & Windjammer. Question for the guys that are using Bikini tops on their LJ. Does a standard bikini top from a TJ fit the LJ? I would assume so, since the changes in the LJ are at the rear of the front seats with the extra space. Correct? NO changes between the TJ and LJ at the front?

Same applies for the windjammer, any issue with using one from a TJ?

I found one locally that a guy is selling, looks nearly brand new but there is no tags/markings on the bikini top. All I can see is that it has the speaker pod covers part of the bikini top. Is this common on all bikini tops or specific to a certain brand, Bestop? Mopar? etc.

Any help as always appreciated.

I don’t have personal experience, but I think the regular bikini and windjammer will work with either TJ or LJ. The only differences are the Safari tops. The LJ one would be longer.

I dont know about the speaker pod cover version though.

The bestop bikini and windjammers aren’t he same for LJs and TJs as AFAIK. With the wraparound windjammer, it’s certainly not water tight, but it’s good enough for a rain storm here and there and comfortable all the way into freezing temps.

77EBE1E8-6C6C-4AF8-A4E0-1FB975DA3059.jpeg

The bestop bikini and windjammers aren’t he same for LJs and TJs as AFAIK. With the wraparound windjammer, it’s certainly not water tight, but it’s good enough for a rain storm here and there and comfortable all the way into freezing temps.

View attachment 100387

Ya, see your bikini doesn’t go over the speaker pods at all. Do you know the difference between the windjammers?

My Jeep is a summer you and really sees nice days only. I just need something to get me by in case of a little rain I wouldn’t have it with me if I knew a big down pour is gonna hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the bikini top year-round. I've never had a windjammer and I've never had too much of a problem with the rain. I just fold my seats forward when I park and that keeps them dry enough for me. I think the main hoop is the same as a TJ too but I wouldn't bet on it.