Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals Thread (#BlackFridayMatters)

Nice, which games did you get?

Exit: The Abandoned Cabin (looks like it will be a quick game to pick up on an evening. Unfortunately can only be played once since cards get used.) and Gloomhaven (looks more involved but the reviews make it sound great).

Also on sale at that link are some we've previously enjoyed: Forbidden Island (easy to learn co-op game that uses logic, as long as everyone gets along and lets each other play for their own turns it is relaxed and is fun to play in an evening — highly recommend for all ages including adult only gatherings) and Saboteur (a decent game if you can get it at a good price, kids seem to enjoy it more than adults but it's still enjoyable to play as a group. It's also easy for new players to join in on.)

Reactions: Chris and anarce
Exit: The Abandoned Cabin (looks like it will be a quick game to pick up on an evening. Unfortunately can only be played once since cards get used.) and Gloomhaven (looks more involved but the reviews make it sound great).

Also on sale at that link are some we've previously enjoyed: Forbidden Island (easy to learn co-op game that uses logic, as long as everyone gets along and lets each other play for their own turns it is relaxed and is fun to play in an evening — highly recommend for all ages including adult only gatherings) and Saboteur (a decent game if you can get it at a good price, kids seem to enjoy it more than adults but it's still enjoyable to play as a group. It's also easy for new players to join in on.)
Nice! I haven't tried any of the Exit games, but I did a similar escape room game from a different brand.

Forbidden Island and Desert are great! I haven't tried Sky because the reviews seems so-so.

Gloomhaven is great but very involved. Be prepared for a giant box to arrive! The set up takes a while, but the gameplay is unique and cool. There are a lot of modifiers and cards to manage, so check out the various apps out there that help streamline things. Also look at the different options to organize the box, like the Plano boxes. It's a LOT of stuff!

Seen some early sales at TSC today. Saw these for $89 so decided to check the price on Ebay to see if they were actually any cheaper. Cheapest one on Ebay I seen was like 147 something dollars with the average at about 170. So I was like go figure.

20201117_161847.jpg

20201117_161806.jpg

Hey yall one week out and no one has found Atlas 2 speed deals yet! Also I'm looking for made in USA ratcheting end wrenches, complete set. If you see anything.

Hey yall one week out and no one has found Atlas 2 speed deals yet! Also I'm looking for made in USA ratcheting end wrenches, complete set. If you see anything.

Advance Adapters has run a BF sales every year which is about the same discount as they sell to resellers. With them being so far behind on orders this year I'm not sure they're going to this year...

Advance Adapters has run a BF sales every year which is about the same discount as they sell to resellers. With them being so far behind on orders this year I'm not sure they're going to this year...
Ya I was wondering that but working for a manufacturer of hard goods one can never have too much of a backlog. Backlogs are great for manufacturers.

Ya I was wondering that but working for a manufacturer of hard goods one can never have too much of a backlog. Backlogs are great for manufacturers.
For manufactures, yes. For retail, no. At some point they risk losing market share to a competitor who can deliver faster. We see that all the time with people complaining on the forums about bumpers and skid plates taking too long to come in so they buy a (not as good one) from a competitor.

Reactions: fourpointzero
For manufactures, yes. For retail, no. At some point they risk losing market share to a competitor who can deliver faster. We see that all the time with people complaining on the forums about bumpers and skid plates taking too long to come in so they buy a (not as good one) from a competitor.
Thats the wonderful position that Advanced Adapters is in with the Atlas ... there is no competitor for front digability in a Jeep.