Black half doors with uppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEREALJIM

TJ Enthusiast
Someone around Grand Blanc Michigan is selling black half doors and new in the box uppers for $375

Screenshot_20200918-101901_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200918-101916_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200918-101910_Facebook.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/324137029002229/

Reactions: Chris
dammit that seems like a steal when I paid $400 for aluminum trail doors, $200 in paint supplies, and $350 for uppers this summer.

Reactions: THEREALJIM
dammit that seems like a steal when I paid $400 for aluminum trail doors, $200 in paint supplies, and $350 for uppers this summer.
I should have waited! I got my set like 5 months ago for $500 with uppers but I had to get them repainted last week since they were a little rough🤦‍♂️

The missing parts will probably be a problem for the buyer. My drivers door has a broken rod so the door will not open from the outside. I have been unable to find a replacement rod.

Reactions: THEREALJIM
The missing parts will probably be a problem for the buyer. My drivers door has a broken rod so the door will not open from the outside. I have been unable to find a replacement rod.
I didn't think of that! Surprised someone doesn't make that part still. I wonder if that would be something Davey's jeep would have lying around

They are usually pretty easy to make if you have the other side to copy, a Home Depot to get the steel bar from, and a vice to help bend it. They don't have to be perfect to work.

I didn't think of that! Surprised someone doesn't make that part still. I wonder if that would be something Davey's jeep would have lying around
Daveys Jeep does not. I was actually at a Jeep junkyard in Daytona a while ago but completely forgot to ask about it. I think he probably does have one.

They are usually pretty easy to make if you have the other side to copy, a Home Depot to get the steel bar from, and a vice to help bend it. They don't have to be perfect to work.
The end of the bar that goes into the backside of the outside handle is threaded. I'm sure there is a way around that. The door PO used a huge glob of glue but that did not hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.