Blower Motor (Again)

JPAZIDO

where does the power come from. I have lost my book and diagrams with it. I have no power at the number 8 fuse or at the motor itself. Pulled resistors they look OK nothings shows open. NO blow in any speed. switches seem to work.

Can I run my own power to the fan? Has anyone done this? Asking for a friend. lol

2000 TJ 4.0 yellow

Thanks for this. I have diagnosed no power at the number 8 fuse. its dead. If I jump it with the old door number 4 power to this fuse AC works.
I guess my fuse panel is bad.

Any miracle suggestions?

Verify that Fuses 5,6 & 7 have power.
IF they have power then there is a problem with the Fuse Block space or wiring for Fuse 8.
IF there is no power to Fuses 5,6 & 7; then you need to investigate the Ignition Switch and the condition of the 12 gage wire (Black/Orange) between terminal 8 (A22) on the Ignition Switch and terminal 5 on the Fuse Block.
Measure voltage at terminal 8 on the Ignition Switch wiring harness with Ignition Switch in ON position.
Inspect the Ignition Switch wiring harness for signs of overheating...
IF there is no voltage to terminal 8; your Ignition Switch has bad electrical contacts inside and the switch needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba and JMT
all have power, must be fuse block. I need to use AC in Moab next week so I will run a power lead from fuse 4 because I am not using the door fuse. Thanks for the answers.

all have power, must be fuse block. I will run a power lead from fuse 4 because I am not using the door fuse. Thanks for the answers.
When you state you are going to run a power lead from Fuse 4; exactly how are you doing this ?
Are you jumping Fuse 4 to Fuse 8 ?
Are you planning to leave Fuse 8 installed ?
Depending upon what is stopping power to Fuse 8; by running a power lead you may end up with a dead short.
I would inspect the Fuse Block and wiring to Fuse 8 before running the power lead as you are suggesting above.