Blower Motor Seems Weak

Kraken72

Bolt Breaker
Supporting Member
So it's hot here in Louisiana. Trying to get the AC running as cool as possible. I have vacuum, no leaks. All my blend doors and actuators work. So unfortunately I have a VDO aftermarket blower. Blower resistor is new. Should I spring for a Mopar blower?

Last edited:
Well new resistor helped a bit. Bit the bullet and ordered a Mopar blower. The VDO one is weak.

Your full speed setting on the fan control bypasses the resistor block entirely. Changing the block out would effect blower speed on high.
Of course check to be sure all the dampers for proper sealing and position. Also check your voltage at each speed at the motor. But you are probably on the right track with a weak , dragging motor IF everything else checks out. Good luck on the journey.

Reactions: Kraken72
Everything thing else is good. No melted wiring, speed switch is good. All new ac components. Only thing left is the blower motor. Hopefully that fixes my issue.

Reactions: ColoJeep
Mine is mediocre at best. It's a poorly designed system. The blower motor itself doesn't move enough air. The system would benefit from two additional fan speeds.