Blower resistor wiring 2002 to 1997

GetRdone

Short run down , my Jeep is a 1997. I'm replacing the tub with a 2002. The HVAC boxes are different. I want to wire the 2002 box into my 97 harness / dash control. I have already set up the temp control to the cable and eliminated the electric circuit for that. I just need to redo the connector for the blower motor & resistor. Sounds simple enough as the 97 & 02 resistor both have 4 wires & the same relay. Problem is they have different colored wires and the routing seems to be different. The 97 uses the center terminal on the relay (all 5 prongs) where as the 02 does not and uses just 4 prongs. My question is can I just cut/solder the 4 wires on the 02 resistor into the 97 harness and not even mess with relay. If so what color wires need to go where ? What's throwing me for a loop is the 97 has the black wire to the motor from the relay & main plug. The 02 has the black to the motor from the resistor and main plug. The 97 is on the right in both pictures. Thanks in advance for any help !!

IMG_20200407_000925.jpg

IMG_20200407_001615.jpg

The TJ Resources section on this forum will have PDF copies of the Factory Service Manuals. There are PDF's for 1997 and 2002. The link below will take you to the TJ Resources where you can download the PDF's.

Factory Service Manuals

The Wiring Schematics Section 8W-42; will have the wiring colors, connector pin outs, where the wires come from and what terminal on the resistor they go to along with how the blower motor and relay are wired.