Blue 99 (ughhh.. gunmetal Pearl)

99TJ

Hello, Proud TJ owner, I purchased about 7 weeks ago.
99 tj 4.0 litre, 5 speed
The previous owner had cut the front bumper down, mounted 33 x12.5 general grabbers, and put a front Mount fishing rack. Plus stock mechanical maintenance.
Since I've taken her over, I've, pulled out the rear seats and carpeting, installed a set of metalcloak front tube fenders, pulled the fishing rack, painted the remaining plastic fenders, painted the bumpers, pulled off the spare tire mount, put a little $4 third brake light in, and installed the best top trektop. I purchased a passenger floor pan to repair rust, just have to get around to it (any advice about that or anything with the truck is welcome)
The suspension is shot and the sway bar is hanging loose, I just tell everyone it has fangs ;) I love it and the aftermarket support is amazing

Photos: first two were before mods, last 4 are how it looks now

20170327_130350.jpg

20170325_170317.jpg

20170527_115930.jpg

20170528_201311.jpg

20170528_201249.jpg

20170528_201241.jpg

Last edited:
You've definitely cleaned her up a lot! She looks much better now in your hands.

What's next on the list?

Reactions: 99TJ
You've definitely cleaned her up a lot! She looks much better now in your hands.

What's next on the list?
I need to patch the passenger floor pan. I need to do the brakes, I want to do a nice 2.5 - 3.5 inch lift. I'm not trying to go too crazy. I'm trying to figure out the type of rims the guy put on so I can do a matching spare. I honestly just want to everything lol

Reactions: Chris
I need to patch the passenger floor pan. I need to do the brakes, I want to do a nice 2.5 - 3.5 inch lift. I'm not trying to go too crazy. I'm trying to figure out the type of rims the guy put on so I can do a matching spare. I honestly just want to everything lol

I hear you man, these things are never ending projects. Pace yourself (and your wallet), because it adds up FAST!

Do you plan on MC rear flares?
I honestly didn't think about changing the rears yet. I bought the car with a little damage on the front passenger, so the fronts needed to go. I just went with some some $6 bottles of black spray paint to spruce up the plastic flares and bumpers. The next of all my money is going to suspension and brakes. I'm sure I'll come up with something for rears dowm the road..

I hear you man, these things are never ending projects. Pace yourself (and your wallet), because it adds up FAST!

yea, I decided I'd only use a toys'r-us credit card I picked up years ago for parts, because it has a low-ish limit per month. If I used anything else, who knows how much money I would be spending
:thumbup:

yea, I decided I'd only use a toys'r-us credit card I picked up years ago for parts, because it has a low-ish limit per month. If I used anything else, who knows how much money I would be spending
:thumbup:

Haha, that's the spirit man! I do the same thing from time-to-time with my off-beat credit cards as well. One of them has such a low interest rate that I don't mind charging to it at all.

Reactions: 99TJ
Great colour...I have the same.(you don’t see many that colour here) and yeah x2 on what @Chris said...pace yourself they say ‘JEEP stands for ‘Just Empty Every Pocket’ for a reason.

Reactions: Chris
Great colour...I have the same.(you don’t see many that colour here) and yeah x2 on what @Chris said...pace yourself they say ‘JEEP stands for ‘Just Empty Every Pocket’ for a reason.
Thanks, they only made it for 97-99. Your jeep is looking pretty nice out there too I like the way the chrome front grill and bumper on yours turned out. Did ypu just repaint / surface your origonal?

Thanks, they only made it for 97-99. Your jeep is looking pretty nice out there too I like the way the chrome front grill and bumper on yours turned out. Did ypu just repaint / surface your origonal?
Thanks allot.....The grill is standard and the front and rear bumpers where polished steel...That's was too much 'bling' for me so I plasti-dipped them both satin black.(The idea was if I didn't like it I could just peel it off again) That's was a while back and loved the look with the only chrome being my grill.

Thanks allot.....The grill is standard and the front and rear bumpers where polished steel...That's was too much 'bling' for me so I plasti-dipped them both satin black.(The idea was if I didn't like it I could just peel it off again) That's was a while back and loved the look with the only chrome being my grill.
So is that a NZ spec grill? or just unpainted sheet metal grill you picked up after the fact? I'm just curious lol

I don't know too much about the history to be honest...although I have seen some pics of similar TJ with the same chrome grill in the States.... mine was not aftermarket, although you can get 'overlay grills' that I think just fit over your existing one.(don't quote me on that though as I haven't looked into it ) :cool: