Blue Moon

Cisco Kid

Been around the block...twice!
Supporting Member
She's a 2005 Wrangler LJ, Metallic Kahki. Still in progress as are all Jeeps
4.0 Automatic. 33's, OME shocks, Hayden trans cooler with temp gauge, round eye head lights, blah, Blah....

We named her Blue Moon because its Once in a Blue Moon when we get to take a trip with her.
2005 unlimited.jpg
Hood.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome LJ, I love it! Why do you only get to take her out once in a blue moon?

Being retired and also working full time kinda put a damper on just up and taking off for a week. Weekends are spent with family.
I have always gone for a week into the no-where of West Texas with a tent. Now I am "old and responsible" (my wife says). Can't do what we used to be able to do. Last March the whole family ended up in the Big Bend area of West Texas for a week, so our Blue Moon trips are grand affairs! Going back in April next to do the back roads.
Still reading the site.
Thanks
Cisco

Reactions: Chris
I can relate! Although mine is the opposite, it's working and having a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old daughter. They aren't quite at that age where going on long road trips in our Wrangler is feasible yet. So at the moment, we get to take out ours for "trips" once in a blue moon as well. Though that will change as the kids get older.

Welcome. Can't you break away for 2-4 nights exploring the back country during the week? A jeep is the most responsible vehicle to get away in for an adventure like that.

Last edited:
Yes I guess I Could....If my wife says so! :( But after thinking about what you said... ??? Yes, I am a grown up and I can do what I want to ??? Youre right UpperMI, I gotta get out in the Jeep a lot more.
Thanks
Cisco

Viva Terlingua !

Reactions: UpperMI
I know lots of older men who get stuck at home with honey-do's. Women are nesters, don't naturally like getting out of the home and exploring, but enjoy it when they do. They are a paradox. Just have to put your foot down and say "baby, get your butt up in that Jeep right there, let me show ya how it's done!" She'll thank you later

Reactions: UpperMI