Body Lift Question

LBail77

Have a 2.5 inch suspension lift right now. Was thinking of doing a one inch body lift without a MML. I understand i'm going to most likely need a T-case bracket as long with a longer fuel fill line and drill new holes for the fan shroud. Am i going to run into any issues down the road with this set up (i don't intend to do a MML)? issues such as steering linkages or break lines?

No, but you would be smart to add a 1”MML along with it (there’s no reason not to) and a Savvy cable shifter for the transfer case.

Reactions: John Scoggins
No, but you would be smart to add a 1”MML along with it (there’s no reason not to) and a Savvy cable shifter for the transfer case.
Yeah i understand. Just was curious if the MML was necessary as i don't have a lot of time on my hands right now but also don't want to start causing other problems by running the BL alone.

Yeah i understand. Just was curious if the MML was necessary as i don't have a lot of time on my hands right now but also don't want to start causing other problems by running the BL alone.

The MML isn't necessary, but it's synergistic with the body lift. They really go together like bread and butter.

The body lift won't cause any issues. The MML will reduce driveline angles (a very good thing), and bring the engine back up to where it needs to be, so that you don't need to adjust the radiator fan shroud as you'd have to do with only a body lift.

For the amount of time its going to take you to fiddle with the fan shroud and t-case linkage, you could have installed a MML, decreased drive line angles, kept the body/drivetrain relationship happy, and raised the oil pan an inch higher from harms way of obstacles.

Reactions: jjvw
For the amount of time its going to take you to fiddle with the fan shroud and t-case linkage, you could have installed a MML, decreased drive line angles, kept the body/drivetrain relationship happy, and raised the oil pan an inch higher from harms way of obstacles.
I disagree, although i may look dumb for not installing a MML with the BL but the fan shroud and t-case link took me under 30 mins combined. I just view the MML pointless and a waste of time right now if it doesn't harm anything running w/o as i'm not doing any wheeling anytime soon. I think the only reason it would be worth doing in my case is if I intended to do a TT.