Body lift removal questions

Rubicon John

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys,

So the 1.5" (yes, I know, weird) body lift the PO put on my TJ is beginning to bulge out at the back and it needs to be replaced or removed. I have a 1" MML but I also have adjustable arms and a CV rear driveshaft for my 4" suspension lift.

I am happy with the height of my suspension lift alone and I'm not planning a tummy tuck. I don't ever plan on running more than a 33 inch tire.

One question is, if I eliminate the body lift, would it be wise to eliminate the MML also? I'm not sure if it would fit with the body lift removed.

Also, I'm guessing having the CV rear shaft is sufficient as far as driveline angles are concerned?

Finally, if I do eliminate the body lift, what all do I need to be concerned with - transfer case linkage bracket? Fuel filler neck? Anything else to worry about?

Thank you

You can run a MML without a body lift. I would leave it to help with driveshaft angle.

Transfer case linkage, Fuel filler neck, and fan shroud will need adjusting.

Reactions: Rubicon John
You can run a MML without a body lift. I would leave it to help with driveshaft angle.

Transfer case linkage, Fuel filler neck, and fan shroud will need adjusting.
Thanks for the info. I guess I was concerned the powertrain would hit the body with the MML in place and no body lift. Glad to hear that's not a problem.