Body lift removal

Jbizzle15

I apologize if this has been addressed on here before, if so I didn’t see it. When removing a body lift is there a stock kit that needs to be used or is it possible to just remove the pucks and cut the existing bolts to size? Thanks!

Depending on the age of the Jeep, I would think it would make sense to just get new oem style body mounts and new bolts. They do degrade over time, and it would be for peace of mind.

All you need to do is remove the body lift pucks / mounts and then get shorter bolts (or cut them to size). Simple as that really!

Shorter/stock grill supports. Removal ofTransfer case linkage correction plate, if one is installed. Removal of Gas filler neck extension, for a taller BL.

Maybe...IF the body lift just stacks on top of the factory mounts. If the body lift replaced the factory mounts, than you will need to replace them. Most body lifts that I have seen stack, but I don't know if every single one ever made does.

Keep in mind when removing the body mounts, do NOT remove all of the bolts at once. Loosen all the body mount bolts but only completely remove one side's bolts. Remove/replace the mounts & bolts on that side then loosely thread those bolts in and then do the other side.

If you remove all of the bolts and then lift up one side, the body is likely to slide to the side out of position and it's a frigging nightmare to get all the bolt holes lined up again.

Reactions: Medali
Davey's Jeeps has them as well. I bought a couple of complete units and they were in great shape despite being used.