Bolt for dipstick and airbox

mholmgren

Sorry for spamming the forum, it seems like I got a little bit of a lemon when I recently purchased my TJ.
The main thing is that it is no rust so I feel confident to do some fixes since I actually enjoy doing some handywork myself.
So what I found now is that I am missing the bolt for the plate that holds the dipstick entrance so it is just laying around more or less and looking at the haynes manual as well as online it seems like there is no info about the bolt that is used there, size etc
The same applies for the airbox mounting to the top of the engine, missing does 2 bolts as well and even if it seems to work I would feel better if it was connected.

I really appriciate all the help the forum has given so far and I hope I will also in the future be able to help other members out!

Regards
Magnus

The oil dipstick tube is secured at that tab to the block with a stud that doubles as a grounding point. I suspect the previous owner bolted the harness back up and forgot the oil dipstick tube. I'll see if I can get a pic in a bit for you.

Ignore my double nut shinanigans. I didn't realize how it was supposed to go until it was on then I didn't care enough to fix it.

PXL_20210103_141323551.jpg

Or maybe that is correct? I dunno, it works. Regardless, see if you have that stud there.

Sorry for spamming the forum, it seems like I got a little bit of a lemon when I recently purchased my TJ.
The main thing is that it is no rust so I feel confident to do some fixes since I actually enjoy doing some handywork myself.
So what I found now is that I am missing the bolt for the plate that holds the dipstick entrance so it is just laying around more or less and looking at the haynes manual as well as online it seems like there is no info about the bolt that is used there, size etc
The same applies for the airbox mounting to the top of the engine, missing does 2 bolts as well and even if it seems to work I would feel better if it was connected.

I really appriciate all the help the forum has given so far and I hope I will also in the future be able to help other members out!

Regards
Magnus
4 or 6 cylinder?

Its a 4 cyl.
As you see on the first (bad one) there is nothing in that hole, looks like the ground wire is set lower down on the engine.
Would the best be to just get another bolt in the same size and tighten up the dipstick, feels a bits not so good having that moving around.
Second pic is for the airbox, also missing that bolt.

2021-01-03 11.21.35.jpg

2021-01-03 11.22.58.jpg