Boom Mat Spray On Headliner

Kelly F.

Has anyone used the Boom Mat Spray as a headliner? Can't find any ratings or reviews on this product for headliner use.
If you've used it or recommend a better product please let me know! Looking at the rubberized mat as well, just thought the spray would hold up better.

I’ve never used the product but if your looking to get any insulation or sound upgrades from it I’d skip it. I would suggest making headliner panels like many have for your hard top or filling your hardtop with expanding foam and adding a headliner. Plenty of info on this topic just do a search on the site.

Reactions: J.Pierce
I’ve never used the product but if your looking to get any insulation or sound upgrades from it I’d skip it. I would suggest making headliner panels like many have for your hard top or filling your hardtop with expanding foam and adding a headliner. Plenty of info on this topic just do a search on the site.
I was thinking of doing the spray then going back and putting in a carpet type headliner. I think the adhesive would stick better? Maybe not, saw a guy on YouTube do it with Lizard Lick sound deadening spray. That's too spendy for me tho

I haven't used them, but I'm skeptical of any sound deadening "paint". I'm no physics wiz but that shit just don't add up in my mind.

If you clean and prep your top just like you really should for good paint prep, adhesive will bond well, I'd skip the paint if I were you. I think it'll be an extra step and expense with no benefit.

Reactions: Kelly F.
@KellyF, I was going to post something mean, then I saw you live in Greensboro NC. I was forced to live there long ago (construction business) and pity you. Carolina circle apts and Four Seasons mall. More rapes and murders there in a month than all of Va in a year. Hopefully they shut those places down or renamed them for tourists. Not a good place for a woman to live IMO.
Mean? That'll be a first.
I'm just outside of GSO in a small town. It's nice and quiet really no issues here.
We don't go to GSO unless we have too, even then we go in pairs.

@KellyF, I was going to post something mean, then I saw you live in Greensboro NC. I was forced to live there long ago (construction business) and pity you. Carolina circle apts and Four Seasons mall. More rapes and murders there in a month than all of Va in a year. Hopefully they shut those places down or renamed them for tourists. Not a good place for a woman to live IMO.

Currently reading this in the middle of GSO and I wholeheartedly agree

It is a self-adhesive boat deck material that comes in a multitude of colors/patterns. There is a link in my original post...

It has held up fine, no peeling, etc, prep was a simple clean with denatured alcohol before pealing and sticking. I did measure and cut in necessary length/width beforehand...it's easy to cut.

Reactions: Kelly F.