Bottle jack

Germanshepherd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My 04 did not come with its jack. I see some in eBay that say it's for a 97 to 2001. isn't it the same Jack and pieces for any TJ? Is the section under seat where it gets stored the same regardless of which year TJ? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Thx. Dumb question but what are the extra long rods I see some of the jacks come with that I think gets stored along the side of seat? The Jack in your link does not have them but not sure if they are necessary.

You can attach them to the end for more leverage I believe. However, my TJ doesn't have one, it just has what's pictured in that auction.

Reactions: Germanshepherd
Thx. Dumb question but what are the extra long rods I see some of the jacks come with that I think gets stored along the side of seat? The Jack in your link does not have them but not sure if they are necessary.
Those two long pieces connect together to form the jack's cranking shaft, with the lug-nut tire jack fitting onto the end forming the crank handle. You need those with the OE jack which together, make for a nice compact jack that is up to handling tire sizes to 35" or even 37" in a pinch.

s-l1000.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I posted on our local Jeep fb group that I wanted to trade my farm jack for a stock jack and had someone jump on it in a matter of minutes. It's complete with all of the rods and such. Meeting up with him at lunch.

There was a thread I read somewhere about jacks and how people buy the farm jacks when they are not needed. I fell into that trap thinking I needed it when I had 35's. I almost think @Jerry Bransford started the tread on one of the forums. It's the biggest reason I wanted to ditch the farm jack.

Reactions: TJ2 and UpperMI
My 2000 Sahara did not come with the bottle jack, handle and lug nut wrench and I plan to buy an OE replacement. Can someone post a photo or two of how it's stored?

thanks in advance.

My 2000 Sahara did not come with the bottle jack, handle and lug nut wrench and I plan to buy an OE replacement. Can someone post a photo or two of how it's stored?
It's stored under the passenger seat, here's a photo of how it's stored. The jack handle rods stored in a vinyl bag velcro-strapped in place just under the door opening at the far right in this pic.

eBay is usually a good source of used Wrangler bottle jacks. There are a lot of clueless Jeep owners who incorrectly think they're not useful for larger size tires like 33" or 35". They actually work up to the 37" tire size.

Jack.JPG

Reactions: martinjg98