Bouncing gauges and wont start

Just to add to this for others searching. Ran the Jeep yesterday, as always ran fine but once stopped would not start, turn key and just the ABS light and radio flashing with gauges jumping. Cleaned battery terminal real good and started right up, they did not really look bad but seemed to fix it….time will tell.

Turn the key in the ignition to start and all the gauges, in unison, bounce up and down a small distance and there is no electrical power (e,g, radio wont come on). The jeep won't start, turn over, no clicking noise of any kind. The first time it happened I turned of the ignition and removed the key. To my surprise, the gauges continued their in unison dance. I disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes, reconnected and (you guessed it) it fired right up.

Was having the exact same issue. Found the battery terminals badly corroded and the battery low on water. Cleaned everything up, topped off the battery, gave it a reconditioning charge, and replaced the terminal connectors. It's been good since.

I do wonder if it's overcharging the battery... Would explain why the water boiled out and the terminals corroded :unsure: