Brake hose hardening

Kenneth G Zinis

TJ Enthusiast
Hey Guys, Have 4" lift and PO installed SS brake flex lines. They seem somewhat vulnerable to rocks, stumps, etc. while off-road. What have you done to protect these from hazards? Pics would be great.
Thanks.

Hey Guys, Have 4" lift and PO installed SS brake flex lines. They seem somewhat vulnerable to rocks, stumps, etc. while off-road. What have you done to protect these from hazards? Pics would be great.
Thanks.
Nothing, I have YJ lines like many others here for my 4" of lift. I dont really see mine being in any danger. Are yours installed correctly, mine hard line straight up from the caliper, then soft line by the shock and connect to the factory hardline in the wheel well.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
Nothing, I have YJ lines like many others here for my 4" of lift. I dont really see mine being in any danger. Are yours installed correctly, mine hard line straight up from the caliper, then soft line by the shock and connect to the factory hardline in the wheel well.
MaloStapalo, I better look at mine more closely, thanks for your insights

MaloStapalo, mine are flex from caliber to hard point on frame. Appear a bit longer than needed, room for improvement. Thanks for sharing your install. Ken

If they look to be in a bad location you can listen the fitting and reroute the line in a better way. Make sure they dont get pinched by anything as the suspension cycles. The tire and spring shield the line from most dangers.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
MaloStapalo, mine are flex from caliber to hard point on frame. Appear a bit longer than needed, room for improvement. Thanks for sharing your install. Ken
Here's a photo of mine, sorry I know it's easier to see than to visualize through type.

20190525_110754.jpg

20190525_110927.jpg