Brake light on dash

Jorge___vasquez

Hey guys, this is my first post. So I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler tj Sahara 4.0 automatic. It had a Dana 35 and 30. I found another Sahara but it’s a 2000 4.0 5 speed and came with a Dana 44 and 30. I swapped the differentials from the 2000 to the 1999. The 2000 came out good, no lights on dash, all breaks work. On the 1999 my “brake” light turned on right after the swap. My breaks are working well, not sure where I went wrong. The 2000 has abs and the 1999 doesn’t. The break fluid is full as well

You need to go over your work and check everything. First of all, make sure you bled the system properly. Second, make sure you don't have any loose connections, leaking brake lines, etc.

I am by no means the brake expert around here, that's @mrblaine. Maybe he'll have some thoughts on it.

I’ve tried messing with the e brake handle, I don’t think it’s stuck, I park down hill then put the e brake and then take it off and works good.

Do you mean smashing on the breaks while driving or just parked?

Reactions: StG58
Same issue on my '92 YJ. Stomped on the brakes a few times, brake light turns off. Problem is that the light comes back on next time I tap the brakes. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon Wildes
Thanks guys, just changed my axle and was having the same issue, couple stomps later and the lights gone!

You need to go over your work and check everything. First of all, make sure you bled the system properly. Second, make sure you don't have any loose connections, leaking brake lines, etc.

I am by no means the brake expert around here, that's @mrblaine. Maybe he'll have some thoughts on it.
I'm having same issue. Ima try these steps see what happens