Brake lights and side marker lights stuck on, hazards and turn signals won't flash

Lady TJ x2

I think it is the flasher relay up under the steering column next to the hazard lights button. My brake lights are stuck on and my side marker lights too. The hazards are not flashing,neither are the directionals. I completed the wiring long ago (3 Mos.) when i wired the system, pioneer head unit, 14" sub and 1400 amp, I think. I never had a subwoofer before, do not think i really need it but it is in.

Anyways, all of the wiring is correct although I found an exposed wire behind the glove box, right next to the fuse box . It goes to a silver looking, like almost a relay type of boxy plug in along with a red and white wire, which I know is a power wire in some cases according to the manual. I am going to research it now. Thank the Jeep Gods for the internet and the very kind people that scan info. onto it for ME. Including photos.
Also, i found a bad fuse and replaced it , now no headlights, no wires are crossed but it almost sounds like it , right? I am so sure of the grounds all separate and tight, no paint, bare metal, all complete circuits.

When I run into issues like to find a starting point. For instance, was this always happening since you bought the Jeep, or did it only recently start happening? If it only recently started happening, what was it that you did prior to this happening? Were you installing a new part, messing with something, etc.?

From what I gather, it sounds like you were doing some wiring, but I'm trying to determine what you were wiring. Was it a new stereo? And if so, did this not start happening until after you installed the new stereo?

Hi, I am sorry i cut out on you guys last night, I needed sleep so I could troubleshoot this.

This is what she looked like at adoption .

Okay, well got Jeep in July, B-day from my best friend in the whole universe, Santiago, my husband. I had a Cherokee, 2000 and just started on the bed-liner interior and the lift was 3" on that and the modifications inside were not much, very plain. Less is more. I was pulling trees with that baby to my campsite to chop up to burn at nighttime in the summertime.No winch on that. Well just 2 days after in installed the fog lights on her, a man with no license (no pun intended, been there myself way back in tha day)He did not stop for the stop sign as I was crossing the intersection down the street from my house. I watched him, he kept coming and coming and coming until all I could do was just brace for the impact. He did not even try to slow down or stop. It was so surreal. The side post , drivers side post where the door meets the windshield, he hit that . That post saved me from alot of pain. I hit my head hard. The people in front of me stopped, they seen how hard I hit my head. I didn't realize i hit it at all. He was dazed as well. I could see his face in his windshield. F.....g idiot, sorry. Well I am glad he came when he did. If he was 8-12 seconds sooner, he would have hit the SUV in front of me and they had 2-, 4 year old twins, toe heads, in the back seat. She is the one that stayed with me until my husband came , we lived right up the street from the scene of the accident. We decided not to involve the police because the guy had no license, he would go to jail and we would never get paid, well insurance but I had 3,000 of custom add ons. When the police got there, we were already exchanging papers, had it under control and they left. They suspected something but still left, I did not get my $ amount due what I spent but they totaled it out and after back and forth I ended up with 4,200. My heart was so empty and sad. it was my 1st project and it was done at a very crucial psychiatric time. When i retired , I did not know what to do with myself, my self- worth, as a woman,l an engineer and a business partner in my marriage, responsible for 1/2 of the financial shit.

That Cherokee was built at night only, when I could not sleep, I would go out there and get under it and wrench and fab, modify with no clue as to what I wanted but it just formed. That man took that from me, I was so sad, could not believe what had just happened. That's when I learned about custom add-ons and insurance companies usually only allow up to 1,000.00 for reimbursement, unless you save receipts and be aggressively , aggressive.

So I took a break and in September is when started with this girl. Yes I have been night and day, balls to the wall. Sometimes not sleeping for 1 or 2 days then crashing, (not healthy, do not try this at home). Thinking I would be able to get back what i lost with the Cherokee, but as another lesson in life,, not [possible to get it back. I quickly came to acceptance and separated the loss with the drive to make the Wrangler SWEEEEEET! And she was born. She was black when i got her, hard top, completely different. Very dirty, I have replace every torx bolt, every hinge from painted steel to chrome, sanded all the drips and primed it to what it is now. Self Etching primer. New steel rims, took off the alloy, new tires, struts, shocks, coil packs.
Switched over to synthetic oil, Mobil 1, Ripped out all the yucky , cigarette smelling carpets, applied bed-liner to floor and walls. Installed a surround kit, tub liner and a new soft top, Safari top from Rampage. Installed sound system Pioneer, head unit, Pioneer sub woofer 14 inch, Pioneer Amplifier 1400 watts,

It had custom leather, two- toned black and camel seats that the previous owner had made especially for this jeep but not good because the quote is 600$ for just the seat part to be replaced, no back. I bought a cowhide myself for $99 and restored the 2 seat parts on my sewing machine at home. Ha, $600, my a.....! Do it myself.. I am retired so on a fixed income now. That was the psychiatric moment I had to go through, I did not plan to be retired at 46 years old. my husband was supposed to retire before me, like the normal plan; and me work out the remaining 9 years until we both were retired but unexpectedly, I became retired and had all this time on my hands, hence; the Cherokee was born and perished and now the Wrangler.

Okay, ah where was i.. complete brake lines, braided hoses in front, the struts and shocks have red boots on, so that is why I ordered the red springs and the spacers for the sus. lift 2", waiting for them now. Also these red calipers, see photo downloaded the photo below is what she looked like at birth. still pretty but she had potential to be gorgeous , wa- la

Reactions: Chris
I will be back I installed the flasher and now the hazards work, then left directional works but now no headlights, (weird) and the right front is solid, no blink. I disconnected the ground and hot wire for the 3rd brake light because that was blinking when i applied the directional;s. Not sure why my husband told me to do that , i am going out there to troubleshoot some stuff before i lose all the light. i will be back. i got more for the mods. . I did not want to be conceded with everything i have done, I like to see what you guys and gals have done. A persons mind is a beautiful thing, how it personalizes each and every one of us. I am not a mechanic in any way but im just find the jeep to be less complicated and learnable.

Hey everyone, thank you for the very kind compliments, etc. it is blowing my head up and hanks because i have been balls to the ball, figuratively speaking, of course, all winter long, in the freezing cold and with all that implies.......I belong, yay, I belong, I belong.

Reactions: Chris