Brake line leak

Daredevil96

Hey guys. So I got some Russell stainless steel brake hose kit installed on the Jeep. For some reason, it was first leaking at the angio bolt when torqued properly. Got it to not leak there without tightening it too much. Now the upper part where it meets the hard brake lines leak because it’s not sealing.

what are my options? Is there a way I can seal it without having to change all the hard lines as of now?

It is not excessively leaking. It’s a drop here and there but it just looks like it’s from the pressure and it’s not fully sealed

Did you use new copper crush washers along with the banjo bolt? Make sure making surfaces are clean and that you used new washers.

Replacing the hoses that connect to hard lines means you'll have to reseat the hard lines. Tighten them, loosen, tighten some more, loosen, tighten a bit more, etc. Do this a few times to make sure the flared hard line end is mated perfectly to the new hose.

Reactions: CharlesHS
Did you use new copper crush washers along with the banjo bolt? Make sure making surfaces are clean and that you used new washers.

Replacing the hoses that connect to hard lines means you'll have to reseat the hard lines. Tighten them, loosen, tighten some more, loosen, tighten a bit more, etc. Do this a few times to make sure the flared hard line end is mated perfectly to the new hose.
Yes new copper crush washers were used. I put on new everything. New rotors, brake pads, calipers and it came with new copper washers. All power stop brand. The new stainless steel hoses (Russell brand) were installed on a separate time. It was then that they began leaking a bit. So it seems like it’s a new hose issue not sitting 100% like the oem hoses did.

Driving this until you get this leak fixed.

You've lost your nerve on tightening the brake hose to the hard lines. You're no pioneer with that. Happens a lot where someone gets worried of stripping something. Just tighten your hard line flare nut a bit more. It literally might only take an 1/8th of a turn. Maybe 1/4.

Make sure you've removed all air from system when done!!!!!!

P.s.
A helper pumping brake while you watch that specific fitting helps tremendously. If it's spitting...have helper stop pumping...tighten more...spray the fitting with brake cleaner (removing the sitting spritzing fluid from the leak) wait 30 seconds or until dry...
Repeat.

Once leak is 101 percent gone get all air out of system.

Good luck.