Brake quandry

owyheedog

I need front brakes for my late [cast rotor] 1999 Wrangled TJ. I have researched until I am bug eyed and still can't decide. Before anyone tells me to get Black Magic brakes, please know that they are out of stock and won't be available for 5 weeks. I can't wait that long. So does anyone have opinions on the next best thing? The Jeep is not a daily driver but does see street use. I often pull a 1/4 ton military trailer loaded pretty heavy. I want plain rotors not slotted/drilled and while I want reasonably good stuff, I prefer not to break the bank. Suggestions???

@mrblaine is the brake guru, he will likely chime in here with an alternative.

Centric makes good rotors though and you could probably use the PowerStop pads.

@mrblaine is the brake guru, he will likely chime in here with an alternative.

Centric makes good rotors though and you could probably use the PowerStop pads.
Power Stop pads are crap. Get the EBC yellow and follow their break in instructions to the letter. Us them with Centric or any other premium rotor.

Can confirm Powerstop is junk. I put them on my WK2 a few years back and they stop like crap and the rotors are already warped. I had to swap them off but it may come to that.

BM+Centric rotors on the Wrangler, unfortunate they're out of stock.

Can confirm Powerstop is junk. I put them on my WK2 a few years back and they stop like crap and the rotors are already warped. I had to swap them off but it may come to that.

BM+Centric rotors on the Wrangler, unfortunate they're out of stock.
That is good to know. Everywhere I look ads for Powerstop pop up.