Break before cat

Shenanigans

I'm trying to diagnose something else and I was wondering and it sounds everything in me says absolutely not because you can run a vehicle with no exhaust at all however would a break above the cat ( bolts came undone at the flange below the Bell looking thingies but before the catalytic converter )
Could that conceivably cause crank no start no comms ?

Reactions: Wranglerfix
I couldn't see an exhaust leak or even a completely missing exhaust causing a crank no start issue.

What do you mean by no comms? Can't reach the PCM via the ODB port?

-Mac

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Bolts at the manifold/downpipe loosened on me for a while until I replaced hardware. It had a tick. I'd tighten and they'd loosen.

Can't say how that would impact a no-start...

Yes cuz I've run it with no exhaust whatsoever I mean when I put the headers on just for a second but yeah I never you never know you just never know

I'd verify you have voltage on the ODB port...the FSM will have a wiring pin out. Could just be a blown fuse.

Might be time to send your PCM to @Wranglerfix

-Mac

I did . this is the new...ish cpu. It's been about 6 months but I had some serious health issues as well as my wife.
So ... I'm hoping it's good because I had some heart trouble right when we got it and some other crazy crap and I wasn't able to return the old one so I hope it is good cuz I'm a little lost with the crank no start I'm sure it's something simple but I had a mechanic tell me I needed a new CPU so I got it but I'm having the same issue

Technically it's a PCM...they have a CPU or two inside...

If you didn't get it from Wrangler Fix then odds are it's probably the source of your issues.

If it's been sitting a while I'd make sure that battery is healthy, on a charger and I'd be checking the terminals for corrosion.

-Mac

Technically it's a PCM...they have a CPU or two inside...

If you didn't get it from Wrangler Fix then odds are it's probably the source of your issues.

If it's been sitting a while I'd make sure that battery is healthy, on a charger and I'd be checking the terminals for corrosion.

-Mac

So I got my PCM from Wrangler, fix and I have a new battery. No change. Exact same issue
I'll do a run on all the fuses/relay

Reactions: macleanflood