Broken bump stop cup bolt

Maybe go nuclear and drill a series of small holes around it??? Ask Google how to remove a broken "easy"out??
Luckily it wasn’t too far in so once I started drilling it came out easily. Now I’m trying to drill the bolt out without hitting the threads, but I think I’m going to end up having to buy a tap and go with a bigger bolt

Reactions: Tob
07FD7436-905D-47B3-9939-A983BB6D6858.jpeg
Drilled it out and tapped in new threads. Was my first time ever using a tap, was easier than I was expecting

Other side is done, however I must have wandered from the center with the drill. It looks like the piece that was threaded was thin, so I have way less area for threads. Is this enough threads for the bump stop, or will it cause it to snap off if i hit a big bump and compress it all the way?
5C8ED063-206A-4036-85DD-EDB67B789ACC.jpeg

Not sure there’s any way I could fix it really so I’m hoping this will be secure enough.

Other side is done, however I must have wandered from the center with the drill. It looks like the piece that was threaded was thin, so I have way less area for threads. Is this enough threads for the bump stop, or will it cause it to snap off if i hit a big bump and compress it all the way?
View attachment 254246

Not sure there’s any way I could fix it really so I’m hoping this will be secure enough.
The RockJock bumpstop kit calls for a hole drilled and threads tapped in the lower spring perch, which is pretty thin material. I'd say you should be good, but what other option do you have now...

If you are worried about it, maybe you could put a nut on the backside to firm it up a bit more, kind of like a jam nut.

Reactions: matkal
This is why I never use bolt extractors, you cannot drill through them. IDK if or how you get them out.
I'm not familiar with the bump stops to know if there's a way around this.
Many types of bolt extractors belong in the garbage can

Reactions: matkal