Broken windshield

95 % of the people here have the Alaska windshields. That is a windshield that has been sprayed with gravel and has many cracks in it. It seems like it doesn't bother most of them and they just run it that way.
If i get a rock chip it annoys the hell out of me. So I have a $50 deduct on glass. And at least once a year it pays for its self. 1 year I had it replaced 3 times and the insurance company was moaning. I told them I pay for it so yo're going to replace it.

I do not think $50 is to bad for a replacement. It cost me $20 every 6 months to drop the comp insurance from $500 to $50. I'll pay it

I dont think anyone broke it. I'm thinking a rock hit it right at the bottom where the molding covers the glass. It didn't crack both panes so I'll deal with it for a while. Good idea @Ted with the insurance, I'll look into that thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think anyone broke it. I'm thinking a rock hit it right at the bottom where the molding covers the glass. It didn't crack both panes so I'll deal with it for a while. Good idea @Ted with the insurance, I'll look into that thanks.

Insurance told me that I was only covered for 1 per year. I asked them to show me. they couldn't do it. So if I get a rock chip in my line of sight I get a new one.

How big is the crack? I've had a small
Spiderweb crack since I bought the jeep in the lower left corner. It hasn't grown in size and isn't in my line of site so I'm going to leave it alone for now. I will only replace it if it moves into my site line.

Well damn, that's shitty.

I would check with insurance, they'll cover it usually.

Lots of companies have specific windshield replacement deductibles which are lower than the usual amount. Check into it and see. Mine is $100 and I have used it several times. I commute long distances so end up getting cracks every couple years or so.

Reactions: IronCity
This reminds me of my broken windshield on my first TJ. I got in to go to work and there was a bug on the outside. I tapped it and it did not move so I hit it a little harder and it cracks everywhere. Kinda looked like I punched it but I only slapped it. lol I never knew they were that weak.

$125 later and I had a new windshield.

Reactions: Chris
"Optic Armor Jeep replacement windows are not DOT approved for front windshields"

??

"Optic Armor Jeep replacement windows are not DOT approved for front windshields"

??

Probably because it's shatterproof. First responders can't break the windshield in the event that they need to.