Brothers for Veterans LJ Build

3FOffroad

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey all, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been active in the off road world for some time and have owned many Jeeps and Broncos over the years. I currently have a 2015 JKU and I am building a 2004 LJ. I also run a non-profit, Brothers for Veterans. We take Veterans and Active Duty Military out hunting and fishing. The plan for the LJ build is to put Veterans behind the wheel and take them out on the trails. I'm working on this build with many amazing sponsors and excited to get it finished. Attached is what I started with. She has a 4" body lift and running 33" tires with some bushwacker fender flares. Outside of that it is bone stock. I will continue to post up pictures and progress of the build as it moves along. Thanks all!

IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg

Last edited:
One of the great local sponsors, Sternberg's Automotive Group, is working with on completing the paint. Decided on the new JT color, Gator Green. It's amazing how much contrast is in this color based on the the lighting. Let me know your thoughts.
IMG_1012.jpg
IMG_1013.jpg
IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_1012.jpg

Before we sent the Jeep to paint we cut down the fenders to install the MCE Fenders. Really looking forward to running these fenders. Great install instructions with cut template and they are a plastic. They have a lifetime warranty on cracks and when they do, and they will, be bent you can heat and bend back. Will keep you all posted on the trail performance when the time comes.

IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1223.jpg
IMG_1230.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

Installation of the WARN VR EVO-8S winch. I have not run one these winches and look forward to having the ability to run the wireless remote. Also installed the WARN stubby rock crawler bumper. Going to be using the WARN sliders and will post pictures of that when completed. Also plan to run a factor55 flatlink.

60791802028__F49CB011-707D-4F2E-BD27-64B50E63840E.JPG
1588784506931.png

Reactions: TJ Starting
Pulled off the 4" body lift and installed a 1" from Daystar. Also installed a 1.75" coil spacer on the front and rear. Installed a Bestop Trek Top NX. I am running this same top on my JKU and have loved it. Not a big fan of losing the quick and open access to the rear of the Jeep but being frameless and having the ability to run as a true bikni top, being able to flip the front sunrider area open, etc. makes this a great fit for the build. When running a soft top you can't beat Bestop! You will see the rear is higher than the front but I have the fuel tank removed in these pictures. More to come on that.

B82EFF55-0724-4742-B1F7-C7D7806E9F43.JPG
1190A755-0311-44BA-AA9D-3F0335B3E75D.JPG

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff. Love it. Great to see you giving back to veterans.
Much appreciated, looking forward to the progress on the build. Plan to document it all, just happened to get quite a bit done over the quarantine time. Stay tuned, Great looking LJR you have!

Reactions: AndrewLJR
Thank you for your contribution to our veterans, it means more them than most realize. Like the color on the LJ, looking forward to more mods.
Thanks, appreciate being a part of the forum. Feel free to check out our Brothers for Veterans Facebook page for more information about what we do. It is truly an privilege and honor!

Reactions: Rick Flair
Welcome to the neighborhood. Love the color, as it does look quite different depending on the lighting. Did I read correctly that it had a 4" body lift? 😳 what are your build plans? Or do we have to wait to see them lol? Either way, looking forward to seeing your progress. Sounds like a great thing your a part of giving back to our veterans. 👍

Dude most veterans I know are assholes, why would you want to take any of us fishing or hunting?? :ROFLMAO:

Kidding (kind of), that's a great looking LJ and I love the color. I'll check out the FB page, keep up the good work!

Looks like a truly awesome organization you all started and the off-roading concept is great, out of the box thinking. Vets getting out need connection, structure, and sometimes a little adventure to compensate for such significant life changes. Proud to see vets giving back in unique ways. I’ll keep an eye on your website and hopefully I can join some fellow vets on drive sometime this year.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Love the color, as it does look quite different depending on the lighting. Did I read correctly that it had a 4" body lift? 😳 what are your build plans? Or do we have to wait to see them lol? Either way, looking forward to seeing your progress. Sounds like a great thing your a part of giving back to our veterans. 👍
Crazy right..... 4”.... there were so many things rigged up, galvanized pipe for fuel filler, busted connecting hoses for the A/C, welded in drop brackets.... it was interesting every time we started to dig in. Thanks for the support!

Reactions: taylormade73