Budget 97 Sport Build

BlackHawkTJ

After a long hiatus from the TJ build. I am back at it again.

This is a budget build. Paid $2500 for the Jeep last year and started to restore / refresh it but lost interest due to life events and some other builds I had going on.

80B43BE3-9494-40FC-8DB1-5889A7335388.jpeg

The Jeep was bed lined by the previous owner which was not my style, so that was the first thing on the block was to remove the bed liner, which was not easy.

9A51AE21-A651-4FC0-B255-16E46F66980A.png

took it down to bare metal, with a ton of paint stripper, using sharp edge paint scrapers, and an orbital sander to take the residue off. Also threw a new bumper on as the OEM bumper was damaged.

A736C38C-C240-4124-8EDC-6978F18F98D5.jpeg

Decided to use Plasti-dip on the body as I have no experience with paint. Came out pretty solid. The color is Burnt copper
Alloy.

CC3CCCB1-1722-422C-B21D-674FB8E42582.jpeg

That’s how she has been sitting now for about 6 months or longer, have since put in a new fuel pump and replaced the water pump and spark plugs. Moving into suspension next, new U-Joints on the front axel shaft, sway bar end links, and hubs.

before I order the links, a question for anyone who wants to throw in their two cents. I was told the Jeep is lifted 4 inches, how would I go about measuring to order the correct size sway bar end links? Would it be worth it to go with quick disconnects?

Definitely the right call on the bed liner, the copper looks wayyy better. You can get adjustable links. That way you'll have some play just in case the lift measurement is wrong. Quick disconnects depend on what kind of wheeling you do and what your budget is. If you go off-road a fair bit most people here will tell you just to go ahead and get an antirock.

Last edited:
Definitely the right call on the bed liner, the copper looks wayyy better. You can get adjustable links. That way you'll have some play just in case the lift measurement is wrong. Quick disconnects depend on what kind of wheeling you do and what your budget is. If you go off-road a fair but most people here will tell you just to go ahead and get an antirock.
Not to much serious off roading down here in SWFL, trails but nothing to serious. I’ll start with some adjustable links. Thanks.