Budget boost axle offset

Jay P

TJ Enthusiast
My axles are 2 inches off front and rear with just a 2” budget boost that the previous owner did. Shocks are still stock. Now of course that will all change but 2 inches seems excessive. I’m going to try and stick with the 31s on this build and do a proper tummy tuck eventually, but it drives me nuts and I don’t plan on spending on suspension until April. Is it the stock shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely need longer shocks with a 2” lift. With that kind of shift I imagine the bump stop cups inside your coil springs are rubbing the springs. YOu might check that, needs to be corrected

Definitely need longer shocks with a 2” lift. With that kind of shift I imagine the bump stop cups inside your coil springs are rubbing the springs. YOu might check that, needs to be corrected

Ya it’s way off. I’m just having a hard time pulling them without something better to replace them with at the moment. Although my neighbor did bring me over some RC coils with used control arms and worn out bushings with Sky jacker and pro comp shocks! I’ll kindly pass it.
I’ll have to check, I didn’t think of that. Thank you!

Ya it’s way off. I’m just having a hard time pulling them without something better to replace them with at the moment. Although my neighbor did bring me over some RC coils with used control arms and worn out bushings with Sky jacker and pro comp shocks! I’ll kindly pass it.
I’ll have to check, I didn’t think of that. Thank you!

That metal cup that holds the bump stops was rubbing my coil spring at 1 1/4” shift toward driver until I got it centered up. My problem was the trackbar though. What side is it shifted toward?

That metal cup that holds the bump stops was rubbing my coil spring at 1 1/4” shift toward driver until I got it centered up. My problem was the trackbar though. What side is it shifted toward?

Right side front and rear.

Hmmm... yeah. That’s definitely not a trackbar issue. That would always shift to the left. Unless someone else has a suggestion, I’d say shocks. Anytime you lift 2” you have to get longer shocks. The extension/collapse values are different.

Hmmm... yeah. That’s definitely not a trackbar issue. That would always shift to the left. Unless someone else has a suggestion, I’d say shocks. Anytime you lift 2” you have to get longer shocks. The extension/collapse values are different.

I think I’ll take the springs out ASAP and check them. I was trying to wait and get the OME kit but I think I’ll get some RS5000x and maybe some springs sooner than expected. Darn!

Reactions: ac_
@bobthetj03 has had the OME kit with Nitro Shocks and is now running RS5000X shocks. You could save some coin getting all the parts for the OME except the steering stabilizer and the Nitro Shocks and getting the RS5000 shocks instead. @ac_ is going that route right now in this thread.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/damn-here-we-go-again.8113/page-3#post-117840

His parts list is on this page too! WooHoo!

Took a screen shot! Thanks!

Something doesn't sound right. Your axles are 2" off center? Where are you measuring?

I guess it would be off by 1 inch if it’s 2 inches difference. Measured straight down from the flare. It’s really noticeable when parked and following behind.

I guess it would be off by 1 inch if it’s 2 inches difference. Measured straight down from the flare. It’s really noticeable when parked and following behind.

Take a 3' level and set it vertical to your tires, then take a tape measure to your frame. That should get you close. The flares can be deceiving.

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
@bobthetj03 has had the OME kit with Nitro Shocks and is now running RS5000X shocks. You could save some coin getting all the parts for the OME except the steering stabilizer and the Nitro Shocks and getting the RS5000 shocks instead. @ac_ is going that route right now in this thread.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/damn-here-we-go-again.8113/page-3#post-117840

His parts list is on this page too! WooHoo!

I actually opted for the Heavy Nitro shocks to go with the heavy OME springs, but if you don't want the lift, but want new springs. I was looking at the H&R coil springs. They make new springs barely over stock and they are variable rate. Sorry don't have a link, but they sell them on amazon.

Reactions: JMT
I actually opted for the Heavy Nitro shocks to go with the heavy OME springs, but if you don't want the lift, but want new springs. I was looking at the H&R coil springs. They make new springs barely over stock and they are variable rate. Sorry don't have a link, but they sell them on amazon.

I actually do want some lift and I’m just trying to decide which springs would be at least 2.5” like OME and if none that are decent I’ll just order OME. Price diff isn’t much anyways.

I actually do want some lift and I’m just trying to decide which springs would be at least 2.5” like OME and if none that are decent I’ll just order OME. Price diff isn’t much anyways.

I want that too, but the OME Heavy said 1.5" rear and 2.0" front. If you get the light duty it is about 1/2 inch taller respectively, but from what I researched everybody was saying to get the heavy duty, plus I have the bumpers and winch and a possible hard top so I opted for the heavies. That said, I don't plan on going any bigger than 31's which mine are actual 30's so I will most likely be fine with a little less lift.

Actually is out about 2 1/4” to the passenger side still. Unreal for a budget boost.
Something else is going on there for an axle to be 2.25" out to the side with only a 2" budget boost. Simple geometry says being that far off to the side isn't possible with the OE factory track bar length. Either that Jeep at one time had a taller lift and thus longer aftermarket track bars or the Twilight Zone has set in around your Jeep.

Actually is out about 2 1/4” to the passenger side still. Unreal for a budget boost.

Can you post some photos of each side, looking straight down the sidewall of the tires? This I have to see...