Rhode Island Building a set of Dana 44's to your spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierradmax

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
Negotiable
You can meander over to the build section of the forum to see I've been slowly working on a set of Rubicon Dana 44's. The axles have been stripped to their housings and have been straightened. I'm in the process of "clam-shelling" the front and rear tubes with D.O.M. for added strength. Factory tubes and new D.O.M. are welded to the cast steel differential sections and axle C's. The carriers were torn down and inspected. Lockers have no wear, whatsoever and this is indicative of no use as these axles were pulled from an 80,000 mile Rubicon with the factory 245's. Locker bladders are in-tact and working...

I've slowly accumulated parts over the past few months of which include the following:
  1. 2 sets of NEW spicer 706944X ball joints
  2. L+R knuckles
  3. L+R NEW dust shields
  4. 2 new Timken HA597449 unit bearings with bolts (non-ABS)
  5. front and rear calipers
  6. 2 New spicer 5-760X U-joints installed in factory front shafts
  7. L+R Dana 44 backing plates with nuts
  8. New parking brake shoes & hardware.
  9. 2 used OEM locker pumps, wiring harness & hoses. Pumps were tested for functionality.
In a nutshell, I can build to your spec or sell the axles & parts as-is and you can install the gears and shafts of your liking (while keeping the factory shafts as spares). I also have the factory 4:10's on the shelf.

Don't ask me if I'd sell the pumps, bladders, or carriers separately. Shoot me a PM if interested and we can talk.

Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.