Campbell Hausfeld 120 Volt Flux Core welder

PickeringFarms

Lifetime Supporting Member
I did gas welding 40 years ago (air conditioning copper and water plumbing). I am looking to start with arc welding. I've reviewed the posts here on a number of 120v welders. Our local (Green Hardware Store that starts with an M) has a Campbell Hausfeld 120 Volt Flux Core for less than $300.

I don't plan to do anything big yet. If I do well with it I can always get a larger one later. This is just to refresh my skills and see if it works better than gas (Oxy-Acet).

Does anyone have experience with this model?

Harbor freight has Flux core 120v for $125 and the 240 volt mig/Flux for like $250
If your just brushing up.

Can't tell much about that specific model. You can get one from yeswelder or a titanium brand from HF for less, and they're both inverter types which means they can be tiny and weight like 15 pounds.

I wouldn't recommend the Chicago Electric Flux 125 at this point as the price has come up to be closer to better machines. I have one but I ended up spending nearly $100 more to add the components they left out in their efforts to get the price down...the components being the rectifier and capacitors that convert the AC transformer output to DC.

If the name of that store ends with ds they have %11 off to bring the price to $266 although you have to give them the %11 back at a later date. I love that place and wish they were out in Ca. Looks like a good unit to play with. The discription says it comes with a gas regulator. It only welds 3/16” steel but you can always double up your welds for thicker applications.

Thanks Hopper for the tip :)
I picked up the Chicago Electric 170 Amp DC 240v MIG Flux Cored welder from Harbor Freight. 229

>> store ends with ds they have %11 off to bring the price to $266
The music/jingle they play in the store reminds me of 'Buy&Large on Wall-E'.
@bucky, that's the unit I was looking at. The CE was higher voltage and capacity so I chose it.
I can change the outlet in the garage and fire this puppy up over the weekend.

Thanks to all who commented, the discussion was helpful.