Can’t get my doors off

I have the same issue. It’s been almost a year without luck, although I haven’t tried much since September. I got the passenger door off, but never got the drivers door off. I unbolted the hinges from the body last summer and never really spent much more time working on it. With the door off, I soaked it over and over again with deep creep, and used a bench vice and hammer. That was the last failed attempt. If there is a Jeep guru near me, I would pay for some help. I got frustrated and with the door and hinge off, I was happy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tried for 3 summers to get mine off...didn't bother me too much as I have half doors anyway...but eventually I got them off and sooo worth it.
It took heaps of penetrating spray and rocking the door back and forth over a number of days. In the end I loosed the nut then used a block of wood and a rubber mallet on the bottom to loosen it up and bit.(being very carful not to hit the body) then continued to rock the door and lift at the same time.
Turned out that the sleeve was full of rust and just wouldn't let go of the bolt...I packed it full of grease and now no probs each year.

Driver's side door fixed. Ground the head off of the lower bolt, got the hinge to separate enough to get a cut off whell in to cut it. Dorr off, drove the pins pieces out and installed a new pin. Coat with anti sieze and the door slides on and off no problem.

Reactions: cjaama and Kiwi TJ
I’m in undergrad currently. My previous internship was very un-intern like with part time pay and tuition reimbursement. As much as I’d like to go to graduate school, I will probably enter the workforce first. Nothing wrong with a NY state school :).
James- if you really want to go to grad school do it now! I always thought I would go back but first money, then job/marriage, then family nixed that- and at 63 i "aint" going now.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara