Can a stock JK head unit fit in a TJ? If so does it need an adapter?

TJ_owns_a_TJ

Y2K Flame Red TJ
Supporting Member
Title says it pretty much, Dad just replaced the head unit on his JK and mine was stolen some months ago so wondering if the stock JK head unit will fit into a TJ? The JK is a 2015 Unlimited Sahara if that makes any difference. Thanks for any advice/help!

Why would you put such a piece of shit in a TJ (especially when you can get a head unit for $40 or less in many cases)? Having owned a JK I can say first hand that the factory head unit sucks big time.

That being said, it's not going to work in your TJ.

While you can connect the harness, apply power up the head unit and connect the speaker wiring; the JK head units talk to the computer by way of CANBUS (fast) so it is doubtful you will be able to get it to work in the TJ.
As Chris said... the baseline radio in the JK isn't worth the time.

The JK headunit is too wide - wider than double din. It both will not fit, and is objectively terrible. I have one rotting away in a cabinet right now.

Thanks for reply, figured anything is better then no head unit and it’s already here so why not. Also I don’t mind it being a piece of shit considering my last head unit inspired someone to smash my front window in. Shitty is better in this case.