Can anybody help me identify this front axle?

Thoun925

As title states, im trying to id this front axle. Looked up all the stock axles my jeep should come with and im having a hard time figuring out what this one is.

Info on the jeep: 2000, sport with 4.0 and 5 speed manual tranny.

Got some good shots of the jeep itself today too figured i would throw them in here!
E5BEA6F4-DF00-4B53-BA21-D16EEBE938FF.jpeg
864CE614-653A-494A-94D0-8BEF106DC067.jpeg
62711F97-4FCB-49BB-A866-C0943C0BF837.jpeg

Well shoot, i guess while we are at it, does this rear look like a Dana 35 to ya guys? Only reason im asking is the po told me the front axle was swapped out at some point but that doesnt seem to be the case. Now I wonder if he meant rear. Sorry about the quality.
1FF72407-E7F8-44F3-9E81-5F959003018F.jpeg

Take a side view of the actual differential, or from the rear looking forward. It might have been swapped for a high pinion.

Did the OP change the gears or anything else on the axles or just add covers?

The front appears to be a stock TJ dana 30

Its a Stock dana 30, it may have been replaced at one time and not original to your jeep but it is a stock jeep axle. Not bad, just dont think you are running nascar or king of the hammers with it.

Its a Stock dana 30, it may have been replaced at one time and not original to your jeep but it is a stock jeep axle. Not bad, just dont think you are running nascar or king of the hammers with it.
Lol thanks for the wisdom! To be honest although im sad its not high pinion, im relieved its stock.

Did the OP change the gears or anything else on the axles or just add covers?

The front appears to be a stock TJ dana 30
Ill have to dive a little deeper to see if any ratios were changed
Hopefully its at lease 4.11 gears.
Ive owned it for 1 day now. All I can say is i was going 65 on the highway at about 2200 rpms on 31’s. I’ll be doing some deeper dives into figuring out actual ratios soon enough

Ive owned it for 1 day now. All I can say is i was going 65 on the highway at about 2200 rpms on 31’s. I’ll be doing some deeper dives into figuring out actual ratios soon enough
Type your vin into this website for the build sheet. You'll at least learn how it came off the factory floor. https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Reactions: Thoun925

pull a cover and read the numbers on the ring gear...

Put the Tcase in N, jack up a wheel. Spin the wheel one revolution and count how many times the pinion goes around. Chalk mark one of the U Joint caps for easy counting.
3 turns= 3.08
almost 4 = 3.73
little over 4 = 4:10
4 1/2 = 4.56
No mess quick and not very dirty. Butttt pulling the cover will tell you more,,, stock or aftermarket gears, locker, overall condition etc.