Can anyone confirm radio fuse location?

jchadscud

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Installing an amp that goes inline between the factory harness and the head unit (Alpine power pack). Installation says OEM radio fuse needs to be 15A or higher. I looked at FSM, did some googling and searched here. That got me to the radio fuse likely being 10A and it likely is behind the glove box in the #15 location.

Can anyone confirm that’s correct for a 2000 Sport?

Thanks!

On the outside of the glovebox there should be a sticker with the fuse positions and sizes labeled. The owner’s manual also should have a list of every fuse position and size.

Sticker looks like this:
1A53C2E6-BB56-4249-B42A-5902C22F07E8.jpeg

Image is taken from google so it may not be applicable to your year.

On the outside of the glovebox there should be a sticker with the fuse positions and sizes labeled. The owner’s manual also should have a list of every fuse position and size.

Sticker looks like this:View attachment 84644
Image is taken from google so it may not be applicable to your year.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don’t have the sticker near the glove box panel or an Owners Manual. I did find this photo that says it’s from a 2000, but can’t confirm. If they stayed the same across the years it wouldn’t matter but couldn’t confirm that either!

9325d30815c75c6fb8729a7a62520e6b.jpg

Thanks. Unfortunately I don’t have the sticker near the glove box panel or an Owners Manual. I did find this photo that says it’s from a 2000, but can’t confirm. If they stayed the same across the years it wouldn’t matter but couldn’t confirm that either!

View attachment 84645
That matches my '01.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Went out and grabbed the instructions. Radio is 10 amp in slot 15 for 1998. Verify by pulling your #15 to see what happens.

Sorry it's sideways, but you can read it.

Reactions: jchadscud