Can I fit Rubicon Dana 44 axles in my TJ?

Eddiejeepin

Can I fit front and rear Jeep Wrangler rubicon axles (DANA 44) with E lockers and 4.10 gears in my stock Jeep Wrangler tj with a 5speed manual (NV3550) and stock (transfer case 231)? Thanks guys

Can I fit front and rear Jeep Wrangler rubicon axles (DANA 44) with E lockers and 4.10 gears in my stock Jeep Wrangler tj with a 5speed manual (NV3550) and stock (transfer case 231)? Thanks guys
Yes, as long as the axles are from TJ rubicon, and not JK rubicon

Reactions: SvtLdr
If the axles are stock, and have electronic lockers, then they are from a JK and will not bolt right in. If they are actually air lockers, then they are from a TJ and will bolt right in, but you might need new driveshafts (someone more knowledgeable will chime in for that).

^This. I do think if you are going from a ‘35 to a ‘44 in the back and from a ‘30 to a ‘44 in the front, you need to change the length of both driveshafts.

Reactions: kameronkales
Not to muddy the waters here, but there's an odd chance that someone swapped the original TJ air lockers for Eaton E-lockers.

Another way to distinguish between TJ and JK axles are the overall width (wms):
TJ = 60.5”
JK = 65.5”

Not to muddy the waters here, but there's an odd chance that someone swapped the original TJ air lockers for Eaton E-lockers.

Another way to distinguish between TJ and JK axles are the overall width (wms):
TJ = 60.5”
JK = 65.5”
Also front is a high pinion, and cross-over steering will make it quite easy to tell.

Reactions: Irun and SvtLdr
It'll be a tight fit and a two-person lift. You should remove the rear and passenger seats for the best packing stability. Stow them as flat as possible, keep the vent tubes pointed up, and might consider putting blankets down to protect your carpet and glove box.