Can I use a 15x8 as a spare?

mmcdonald

This may be a simple question and I may just be over thinking it. I currently have 15x10 rims on my TJ. I have 35x12.50x15 tires, including a used spare. I don't have the 5th wheel to match (The jeep didn't have it when I bought it), so my question is, in an emergency, could I use a 15x8 wheel on my spare tire if I needed to? Or do I have to go out and get a 15x10 wheel? Thanks and sorry if this is a really simple question. Mike,

I run 17” and a 15” spare with a 1” smaller tire. IIt’s only a spare though, just ment to either get me to the trailer or home.

15x8 wheels on tj’s are kind of the standard size, even with wide 12.50 tires. 15x10’s are more of an exception. You will for sure definitely be good running that wheel as a spare.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
This may be a simple question and I may just be over thinking it. I currently have 15x10 rims on my TJ. I have 35x12.50x15 tires, including a used spare. I don't have the 5th wheel to match (The jeep didn't have it when I bought it), so my question is, in an emergency, could I use a 15x8 wheel on my spare tire if I needed to? Or do I have to go out and get a 15x10 wheel? Thanks and sorry if this is a really simple question. Mike,

The width of the rim doesn’t matter. You are good to go. I run 15x8 wheels and my spare is the same size tire on a 15x10 wheel.

• Wow
Reactions: RINC
The width of the rim doesn’t matter. You are good to go. I run 15x8 wheels and my spare is the same size tire on a 15x10 wheel.

Blasphemi !
Forged-Invitational-Steve-West-1250px-102.jpg

Reactions: Woodrow