Can I use the Synergy JK bushing on thefront upper control arm axle

Fargo

TJ Enthusiast
Can I use the Synergy JK bushings on the front upper control arm axle mounts? In the past a tech at Synergy said the only difference was the size of the through bolt. Today when I called, a tech said the TJ uses a 'step style bushing' in that location and the JK bushing was not a step style bushing.

I know this bushing is a pain to replace, but I'd really like to replace it since I am installing new control arms. I really wanted the DDB style of bushing, but now I don't know what to do.

If anyone knows for sure it would be Dave at Jeep West, or Blaine.

Dave seems to install a lot of the synergy bushings.

I found Ericshere03 in the NVH thread. He will be doing this sometime this week. So I should get an answer eventually if we don't hear from Blaine or Dave before then.

Last edited:
Whoops! Got side tracked but I did install the axle side upper bushings from synergy . They worked just fine, just take care not to crush the passenger side UCA mount when pressing in ... sorry for the very very late reply ...

I sold my TJ sadly, and picked up a JK. Thinking of going all synergy trackbars and control arms again. They’re fantastic however I cannot speak about durability ...

Rancho claims that they beat them up with rental Jeep’s for 3 years. BTW: rancho and synergy use the same bushing.

The answer is YES, JK synergy axle bushings work. I swapped the control arm “fork” for the JK version and used 1/2” bolts…. Beautiful fit and strength upgrade VS the M10 bolts.