Can someone recommend a quality locking gas cap

I ran over my gas cap the other day (went into the gas station and forgot I left it on my tire instead of putting it back on) so I was thinking of getting a locking one since I need a new one anyway. But after seeing all this it seems pointless, so I'll try gluing mine back together and if it doesn't work buy a new stock one.

Anyone know where the best place to buy a stock gas cap is? (that won't give me a CEL)

I have the MOPAR keyed-to-ignition gas cap. It doesn't leak through the keyhole or anywhere else. It may stop the casual asshole from tampering with your fuel but it won't stop fuel theft. As mentioned dirtbags just drill a hole in your tank.

Anyone know where the best place to buy a stock gas cap is? (that won't give me a CEL)
Amazon or Ebay

Reactions: psrivats and JMT
Get yourself one of these, tie it to the bumper? Move out of the city? Best options I can see.

download (4).jpg

I have a gates 31778 on my 2000. Works great. Only downside is you have to hold the cap still while you lock or unlock with the other hand. Otherwise the cap spins freely and the lock wont turn. That is because when locked, the cap spins infinitely without moving threads.

I have a separate stant non locking cap that I put on for emissions testing. They took my last locking cap away from me. Not going to let them do that again. (Don't try to argue with me about this please, I don't care about emissions.)

I have a mopar one that is keyed to my ignition key. Got it from ebay few years ago. It came from a Jeep dealership in Arizona (Airpark Dodge Chrysler Jeep from Scottsdale, AZ). I paid $42.90 + $5 shipping. I got a OEM Mopar part, and the best part, they asked for my VIN# and it is keyed to my ignition key. No codes of any sort, no leaks. It does have a tether.
My '06 came to me with ignition matched gas cap. Assumed it to be OEM.

Reactions: MikeE024