Can this marriage be saved?

My wife is definitely a keeper. She wanted a trail run and hike for Mother's Day. It was a struggle, but in the end I gave her what she wanted. ;) For Father's Day she asked me if I wanted a Bestop rain cover or seat covers (she noticed that the driver's side was getting rather worn). Decisions, decisions...

Still think getting a dog is the best solution. Perhaps my sciatic is the cause, but just the thought of having to bend and twist and bounce around sends a pang of pain through my leg. Dogs dont complain of you miss a birthday, say nothing if you spill your coffee, and compared to many of the women I've been with, are quite a bit smarter. I'm pretty sure most of the women out there think the same about their dog too.

My wife hates the Jeep, which makes room for more guns and goodies and much less whining when camping. For some reason the whine from my turbo sounds better than from my wife (not that I could hear much anyway). My man-cave is basically portable I guess. She doesn't typically care if I'm out in the garage or out exploring so it's no big deal.

I guess I spoiled her last year, by getting AC for the house and even let her bring in non-camping chairs and a couch to the house (free stuff my dad didn't have a place for), we'll even get a kitchen table (same situation as the couch and chairs) soon. If I were single I'd probably be living out of my truck and Jeep and renting out my house if I got it. So dating would likely be non-existent for me.

I have no interest in online dating, the amount of "fake" people there are these days, or wading through bullshit. I would literally spend my free time in the garage working on projects, doing things around the house, etc.

The nice thing about getting older is that I simply don't care to chase women the way I once would have.

Well... with my partner passing 18 months ago and the phone calls and visits from well-meaning friends and family stopped it came to two options. Try and keep the depression of everything that had transpired at bay or get out there and start living again. Honestly, I just craved the simple stuff, going out for a meal and sitting at a table having an adult discussion that didn't involve cancer.

Chose the later, and at our age you're stuck with online dating. Most bizarre time of my life, but maybe at that point I needed a bit of crazy. Luckily, I chanced upon someone lovely and we clicked instantly, she had also met her share of crazies and was just about to give up on the dating stuff.

We're moving in together in a few weeks whilst her house sells and as she came from a relationship where her ex had some workaholic/gambling/drinking issues. She sees my Jeep and associated toys as positives, hobbies that have no ill effects anywhere.

So another chapter in life starts, along with Donna comes 2 adult boys who are awesome and I for one can't wait to see where this adventure takes us.

I've tried to keep out of this thread as I can tell you some crazy , funny and weird online dating experiences.... Its fun in a way though and a little like Christmas as even though you have emailed, texted and spoken to them you never know what your gonna get when you finally meet for a coffee.
Im happy being single although now and again I do miss the company. i will say that working 2 jobs and having 2 daughters keeps my more than busy enough to have any time for a relationship. (keeps me out of trouble too...sometimes. ;) )

Reactions: 02SteelBlue
Well... with my partner passing 18 months ago and the phone calls and visits from well-meaning friends and family stopped it came to two options. Try and keep the depression of everything that had transpired at bay or get out there and start living again. Honestly, I just craved the simple stuff, going out for a meal and sitting at a table having an adult discussion that didn't involve cancer.

Chose the later, and at our age you're stuck with online dating. Most bizarre time of my life, but maybe at that point I needed a bit of crazy. Luckily, I chanced upon someone lovely and we clicked instantly, she had also met her share of crazies and was just about to give up on the dating stuff.

We're moving in together in a few weeks whilst her house sells and as she came from a relationship where her ex had some workaholic/gambling/drinking issues. She sees my Jeep and associated toys as positives, hobbies that have no ill effects anywhere.

So another chapter in life starts, along with Donna comes 2 adult boys who are awesome and I for one can't wait to see where this adventure takes us.

I'm glad to hear that, and I'm happy for you as well!

I feel like I'm at that point in my life where if I was to be forced into dating again, it would be more about companionship (like you mentioned, adult conversations and simple stuff) than it would be about sex.

Sounds like you've found yourself a new chapter in life, that's great news!