Can You Identify This Sway Bar Link?

The Goblin

Hey folks.

I've got a bad sway bar link that I need to replace, but I can't for the life of me find a matching replacement. I've only seen one like it, in a Rancho lift kit (which I'm pretty sure is the lift kit on my TJ), but I can't find them sold separately.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_3197.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Irun and DrDmoney
yes, don’t try to fix or match that mess, just buy some JKS links.

Right on. Thanks. I figured since I couldn't find them that they weren't anything people were all too excited about. ;)

What do you think about Skyjacker dual-disconnect links? If possible, I would like to keep the quick disconnect idea but not have to drill my frame to mount a holding post.

Right on. Thanks. I figured since I couldn't find them that they weren't anything people were all too excited about. ;)

What do you think about Skyjacker dual-disconnect links? If possible, I would like to keep the quick disconnect idea but not have to drill my frame to mount a holding post.

I had those Rancho disconnects , they flat wore out on rough mountain road commuting . I replaced them with Moog OEM style and the handling difference was noticeably ! But the disconnect part isn't quick !

Go with JKS, Skyjacker is not a well respected brand.

Thanks Jerry, good to know. Any other dual-disconnect brands you recommend? As far as I can tell, the JKS links for the TJ only disconnect on one end, so the other end has to be connected to a holding bar drilled into the frame (unless I'm missing something). I'm not really comfortable drilling and tapping my frame, so I'm looking for a good quality dual-disconnect. Any ideas?

I had those Rancho disconnects , they flat wore out on rough mountain road commuting . I replaced them with Moog OEM style and the handling difference was noticeably ! But the disconnect part isn't quick !

Thanks for the review! Do yours have disconnect pins? Or are they the normal bolt-on variety?

You can just pivot the link up and zip-tie it to the sway bar arm instead of drilling the frame, keep in mind your bar can pivot down without pinning it to the frame so you might bungee it up out of the way as well. Just mount it with the zeros facing the other way to get it up closer.= What’s the reason you don’t want to drill the frame?

6A791075-B85A-4B73-B7DA-81306456C9D8.jpeg

Last edited:
You can just pivot the link up and zip-tie it to the sway bar arm instead of drilling the frame, keep in mind your bar can pivot down without pinning it to the frame so you might bungee it up out of the way as well. Just mount it with the zeros facing the other way to get it up closer.= What’s the reason you don’t want to drill the frame?

View attachment 364405

Zip ties! Great idea! Thanks for that!

I'm just not comfortable drilling my frame. More of a personal comfort level than anything. Also, I don't do any rock-crawling or anything like that in my TJ so I don't really see much need in the future for the quick disconnect links for myself, but my Jeep is pretty well setup for that so I want to keep it as close to ready as possible. Either in case I do end up needing it, or for the next owner if I end up selling it some day.

Thanks for the recommendation on the JKS links and now the zip ties! I'm looking into picking up a pair right now!