Canoe Carry With No Rack?

Artisan

Has anyone tried carrying a canoe on their TJ with top down and no rack? I am curious if it can be done with just a little padding.

Doesn’t answer my question, but thanks for pointing out the existence of search engines. I already searched. Now I am asking for the experiences of those who have tried it. 😉
If you actually read that thread you would have seen post #5 is a guy with a canoe on his TJ. There are lots of ideas in that thread to help you, so stop being an asswipe and learn to read.

If you actually read that thread you would have seen post #5 is a guy with a canoe on his TJ. There are lots of ideas in that thread to help you, so stop being an asswipe and learn to read.
Asswipe? Learn to read? Are you serious?

I did it on my YJ on the 4th of July.
41020_1508484636609_8248304_n.jpg

Am I serious? Did you read?

Excellent. Looks like you managed without extra padding. Thx
I only went about 2 miles and under 50 the whole time. If I was to do it again I'd at least buy a pool noodle, cut it so it slides on the canoe's rail, and use that as a bit of extra padding on the windshield.

I only went about 2 miles and under 50 the whole time. If I was to do it again I'd at least buy a pool noodle, cut it so it slides on the canoe's rail, and use that as a bit of extra padding on the windshield.
That’s exactly what I had in mind. I can leave the Old Town at my uncle’s cabin, and get it to the river and back without any extra gear. I think I even have a few of those blue foam block gunwale things lying around, but noodles would work great.

Reactions: Alex01
Has anyone tried carrying a canoe on their TJ with top down and no rack? I am curious if it can be done with just a little padding.
Artisan
I’m packing mine on the hardtop without cargo rack , but I’m using 4 large dense foam pads for padding
I’ve never had the hardtop off , but would be hesitant to use the windshield frame as a support for the Canoe
• I submitted a pic of our rig for may 2021 ROTM

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿