Can't build it for this price

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the limiting factor of 40’s at that point? Up travel?
Not with a properly motivated cutting instrument.
DSC_4876.JPG
DSC_4877.JPG

The Tracer is a solution for those who want a kit, not a solution to build well. There's a lot with it that's a compromise in order to save time.
Tracer may be a lot of things but saving time never occurred to me, you have to completely remove the body to install it!

Who ever said that it did?
I read your reply that you would've had to include a center strap to limit droop as a function of the wheel arch not being moved. I'm guessing that was just because you would've traded uptravel for downtravel that the UJ couldn't accommodate.

they wasted several hundred bucks on strut length they didn't need in the back end.

I read your reply that you would've had to include a center strap to limit droop as a function of the wheel arch not being moved. I'm guessing that was just because you would've traded uptravel for downtravel that the UJ couldn't accommodate.
No, the part where they tried to tell me how to do it is right before the travel limits. Nothing to do with the wheel arch since it isn't getting stretched.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Balance. They are correct for the wheelbase, belly height, and only a semi tolerable detriment to the engine's ability to pull the rig.
So if you stretch an unlimited to 115” go for a nearly flat skid and put a decently powered LS in it the 40’s can work?

• Love
Reactions: AMS417
Way too many variables for this thread. Start one, send me a link to it, I'll toss in my 2 cents at the beginning and then hightail it out of there when the bullshit starts.
I'm not far enough along to start that but I'll link you when I do. I need to do more research. I'd appreciate the guidance if/when it starts to materialize.

I'm not far enough along to start that but I'll link you when I do. I need to do more research. I'd appreciate the guidance if/when it starts to materialize.
I can lay out the parameters pretty easily so you can research whether or not they make sense for what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.