Can't Get This Unplugged

DC0046

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey fellas. 2004 Rubicon with 35s I just acquired. I have a Speedo Healer for it and I can’t get this unplugged for the life of me. I have completely removed the red locking pin also and still no bueno. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5059.jpeg

Spray some electrical cleaner in each connector from various angles before trying to remove. It is gunked up. Then push in on the connector first, then pull (with the tab you press down pressed) and it should come out. If not spray more electrical cleaner.

Wd40 wont hurt

Just dont get it so slick you cant pull it

Those do tend to freeze

Reactions: DC0046
A heat gun can help get those old connectors apart without breaking them, just heat very carefully so it softens the plastic a bit, you don't want to be melting anything. I started using a heat gun on connectors a few years ago, and on rubber diesel fuel lines, makes them easy to remove and re-install when changing filters. Reduces bloodshed.

Last edited:
Reactions: cpwolf and AndyG
A heat gun can help get those old connectors apart without breaking them, just heat very carefully so it softens the plastic a bit, you don't want to be melting anything. I started using a heat gun on connectors a few years ago, and on rubber diesel fuel lines, makes them easy to remove and re-install when changing filters. Reduces bloodshed.

I’ll try to remember this myself. Good tip.

Thanks. I wrestled with the dang thing all evening again. I will try a heat gun tomorrow. Appreciate the response