Can't install passenger side seat

B

BlueFl.Wrangler

Fellas
I removed my passenger side seat yesterday, when I went to remove the two rear fasteners I had to flip down a spring loaded plastic flap gizmo to access them. No problem, now today when installing them, i put the front two in first semi- hand tight, and went to the back and popped open the plastic flap gizmo and no access-- the bolt holes are way to far in and I cant even come close to installing. After sliding the seat back & forth and seat back also forward- I am @ a loss. I THINK (unsure ) I need to move the slide forward but cant figure out how to do that. The handle under the front only slides the seat and not the part of the frame . I attached a photo if it helps
Thanks

seat frameslide.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pagrey is right. Should be a knob on the side of your seat that tumbles it forward. At least on 03-06 Jeeps. I forget where it is on a 98-02. I think on the side too. If your missing them you may have to find the cable with a pair of pliers and pull on it.

Reactions: BlueFl.Wrangler
pagrey is right. Should be a knob on the side of your seat that tumbles it forward. At least on 03-06 Jeeps. I forget where it is on a 98-02. I think on the side too. If your missing them you may have to find the cable with a pair of pliers and pull on it.

There's a flat paddle under the seat that you can use to "tumble" the seat forward if the cable is broken. It is next to the forward/back adjustment bar when the seat is all the way back. If the seat is moved forward, you have to reach further under to find the paddle. It's attached to the stationary part of the seat mount.

Reactions: BlueFl.Wrangler
What size Torx bit did you use to remove the seat? I need to go buy a set of Torx's but I want to make I have the right size for the seat bolt(s).

Only one bolt is torx on each seat, right rear on the drivers side, and left rear on the passenger, the other 3 bolts that hold them down are hex head bolts. The torx size is a T 50