Car pics too cool not to share

Okay, all you custom car and lead sled fans...what are these?

1644692084284.png
1644692274466.png
1644692360725.png

Reactions: SoCalGlide
Yup! 544s and a 444. I owned a '65 544 with a Cologne V6 and 4 speed out of an early Mercury Capri. With the factory 4.11 gears, it was a little screamer. Fun cars, for sure.

*And kudos, btw, for picking up on that so quickly. It's not the first thing that comes to mind for many!

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoJeep and BlueC
Beyond the obvious reasons to love pics like this, I also dig looking at all the cars in the background, identifying as many of them as I can (something I noticed you do, as well). It's something of a curse, though, when watching modern movies that are supposed to reflect an earlier period. Watching a movie that was supposed to take place in 1957, and then having a '59 Chevy drive by in the background, just bothers the hell out of me. 😒

Details like that always bug me too. One of my favorite movies is "The Longest Day", the story of the Normandy invasion. In one scene, John Wayne has been wounded in the leg and has it propped up over the cowl of an MB Willys Jeep. A second Jeep following him is an M38A1 Korean war era unit. The shame !

Details like that always bug me too. One of my favorite movies is "The Longest Day", the story of the Normandy invasion. In one scene, John Wayne has been wounded in the leg and has it propped up over the cowl of an MB Willys Jeep. A second Jeep following him is an M38A1 Korean war era unit. The shame !
I'm nowhere near as well-versed in the Jeeps and trucks of the time. Same with airplanes. Okay, if the Concorde flew overhead in a WWII movie, I'd know it was wrong, but beyond that...🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BlueC