Car pics too cool not to share

Is it just me, or are the front wheels out of whack? *VERY* nice build - love the color too!

Pretty sure it has to do with the camera angles or the lens, or some such thing. With the quality of the man's build, I find it highly doubtful that he screwed up the alignment by giving it 3" of toe-out...;)

Reactions: Zorba and reddvltj
You are correct but not as extreme as the picture shows. It is called Ackerman.

"Toe out on turn" is LITERALLY, Ackerman... The amount the toe changed when turning is irrelevant... Akerman geometry is designed to take the steering from a "toe in or zero toe" condition to a toe out condition while turning to keep the tires from scrubbing, hense "toe out on turn"

Last edited:
"Toe out on turn" is LITERALLY, Ackerman... The amount the toe changed when turning is irrelevant... Akerman geometry is designed to take the steering from a "toe in or zero toe" condition to a toe out conditionwhile turning to keep the tires from scrubbing, hense "toe out on turn"

All this is something I was unaware of. Thanks for learnin' me, Hugh! ;)

Do you ever think about how the same company can produce a Clean timeless designed car , and an overly busy , less defined car ?
I give you the 1957 Lincoln Premiere and 1957 Lincoln Continental .

1957-lincoln-premiere-couperestored-ac-nice-dry-western-car-57-56-1-2797287585.jpg

th-3704835214.jpg

16084840-1957-lincoln-continental-mark-ii-std-3956878629.jpg

lincoln-mark-ii-1957-10-3177279208.jpg

Always with the wheels, ya know? It's like they get it so close to perfect, and then screw it up with the wheels. It just happens too many times. Just my opinion, of course, but it helps that I'm right... :sneaky:

The right wheel/tire can make a turd look good, the wrong wheel/tire will reverse that. Too many people are either lazy or have poor taste when picking wheel/tires.

Always with the wheels, ya know? It's like they get it so close to perfect, and then screw it up with the wheels. It just happens too many times. Just my opinion, of course, but it helps that I'm right... :sneaky:

The right wheel/tire can make a turd look good, the wrong wheel/tire will reverse that. Too many people are either lazy or have poor taste when picking wheel/tires.

This is so VERY true and was my first thought also. It's a beautiful ride but the damn wheels just killed it. I do wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

While pretending to post a pic of a hot rod Metropolitan, we once again see that @Wildman sneaks in a '57 Chevy...:sneaky:

View attachment 425020

You have a good eye sir. Gots to LOVE them Tri-Fives....