Car pics too cool not to share

Those slab-sided Lincolns are alright, but I'd much rather have one of these...

'60 Lincoln
1652295890293.png
1652295912597.png
1652295947725.png
1652296004956.png
1652296106049.png

Reactions: Blondie70 and BlueC
Hardtop or convertible?

One of my favorite things about '50s and 60s vehicles is that you could have color in your interior. Not the black, gray, or beige BS of today.
Convertible with the power top. People would stop and watch when the top was in operation. The top was white, the car looked black, so at a distance people thought it was a CHP cruiser and would slow down!

Reactions: BlueC
Nope those 50-60's just don't do it for me. I can appreciate the work involved but just not my style...especially the caddys and the wings.

I have to ask, what is your style? I know you said you don't like the styling until the late 60s-early 70s, but where does it end and what vehicles?

I've always liked it when they take a Merc or Ford, and fabricate in the Tri-Five Chevy headlight brows. Really works on those cars. (y) And though I absolutely love fender skirts (especially cruiser skirts), it's nice to see a Merc without them, and still have it work. The only thing I'd change on the Merc pictured is the name on the title... ;)

I've always liked it when they take a Merc or Ford, and fabricate in the Tri-Five Chevy headlight brows. Really works on those cars. (y) And though I absolutely love fender skirts (especially cruiser skirts), it's nice to see a Merc without them, and still have it work. The only thing I'd change on the Merc pictured is the name on the title... ;)
This particular Merc ('50 Monterey) is what sparked my fondness for the old Merc's... I'm betting the true car nutz will know this car's provenance.
1652374972721.png

This particular Merc ('50 Monterey) is what sparked my fondness for the old Merc's... I'm betting the true car nutz will know this car's provenance.
View attachment 329986

I know the car is from Cobra, but I've never seen more than a few minutes of that movie in clips. Stallone was a detective and that was his car, is that right?

I know the car is from Cobra, but I've never seen more than a few minutes of that movie in clips. Stallone was a detective and that was his car, is that right?
Correct, the designer built 4 cars in total, 3 of them were used as the stunt cars, and those 3 were destroyed after the movie. Stallone ended up with the original 600+ hp original, that was used for all the interior and "clean" shots.
It ended up being stolen from Stallone's garage in '94, but he eventually found it years later in an online listing and eventually got it back.

https://www.hotcars.com/cobra-movie-car-sylvestor-stallone-where-today/

Random memory from yesterday. Are any of you familiar with this car?

1652378314210.png

It's a 1928 Graham-Paige that a couple from Argentina started driving from Argentina to Alaska in the early 2000s, then eventually around the world. They spent somewhere around 20 years on the road and raised four kids along the way. (IDK if that's cool or crazy, maybe just a nice mix of both) They came through my part of the world around 2005 when they were driving from Argentina to Alaska, and I saw the car first hand and we briefly spoke with the couple. IDK why they popped into my mind yesterday, but I looked them up and it looks like they are finally going home. Just thought I'd share. If you're interested in looking into their story they are the Zapp family.

1652378484200.png

Random memory from yesterday. Are any of you familiar with this car?

View attachment 329997

It's a 1928 Graham-Paige that a couple from Argentina started driving from Argentina to Alaska in the early 2000s, then eventually around the world. They spent somewhere around 20 years on the road and raised four kids along the way. (IDK if that's cool or crazy, maybe just a nice mix of both) They came through my part of the world around 2005 when they were driving from Argentina to Alaska, and I saw the car first hand and we briefly spoke with the couple. IDK why they popped into my mind yesterday, but I looked them up and it looks like they are finally going home. Just thought I'd share. If you're interested in looking into their story they are the Zapp family.

View attachment 329998
That is simply amazing! Gonna have to look into this one. I have never heard the story, before.

Reactions: BlueC and reddvltj