Car pics too cool not to share

Way Cool ! I love the fact you can't see 3" exhaust hanging out and it has a stock Chevette stance. For full sleeper mode the red line tires should have been mounted in. Great build though, I wonder what rear end they used ?
From the GM Authority article on it:

"It sits on heavy-duty springs and steering duties are handled by rack and pinion, while the 12-bolt rear end is fitted with 3:90 gears. It even has disc brakes to help scrub off speed in a pinch."

1652673470740.png

• Love
Reactions: ColoJeep and BlueC
I think I posted a rear side shot of this one a while back. I couldn't find a front. I like it. I bet that thing is/was a bitch in the turns.
Whenever I see cars like this with the big 60 or 50-series tires sticking out at the rear, and no radiused wheel wells, all I can picture is the wheel wells cutting into the tire on hard acceleration. Maybe once the driver has done that a couple of times, he learns to go easy on the go-pedal.

Reactions: BlueC
Anybody like header side pipes? This '70/71 small block car looked like a nice driver.

View attachment 330888
Yes. It depends on the application, but generally, yes, I like them. That includes lake pipes, or "lakers", as well. Oh, and don't forget Zoomies!

Side pipes only...
1652731645864.png

1652731694986.png
1652731884698.png
1652731925829.png

1652732031687.png
1652732062935.png
1652732195148.png

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
Reactions: BlueC
The rambler " Marlin Look " is a in house rehash of existing ideas. The AMX GT screams cool ! a very Teague factory hot rod concept !
The AMX/2 is way sexy but could AMC pull off building this as a functional super car? I doubt they had the money to make this a sucess, ( Think Pantera and all of the overheating issues ). I like seeing a small company dreaming how to build cool cars out of the parts bin and with very limited development funds!
Thanks for history!

Reactions: BlueC and Squatch
The rambler " Marlin Look " is a in house rehash of existing ideas. The AMX GT screams cool ! a very Teague factory hot rod concept !
The AMX/2 is way sexy but could AMC pull off building this as a functional super car? I doubt they had the money to make this a sucess, ( Think Pantera and all of the overheating issues ). I like seeing a small company dreaming how to build cool cars out of the parts bin and with very limited development funds!
Thanks for history!
The "Marlin look" car pictured was actually the Tarpon, built on the American platform, which is what Dick Teague (Vice President of Design) originally wanted. However, Roy Abernethy (CEO of AMC) wanted it on the larger (mid-size) Classic platform. That would become the '65/'66 Marlin. The Marlin for '67 was built on the redesigned Ambassador platform. Only one Marlin was built on the '65 Ambassador platform, and that was for Dick Teague. The car still exists in North Carolina, and I spoke to the owner back in 2004, or so, and told him I wanted to build a clone of it. I still have the car in my garage, with the hardest part done. I had an Ambassador front clip installed on my '66 Marlin, effectively increasing the wheelbase by four inches, from 112" to 116". Of course, it also means I can run the over/under headlight set-up of the Ambassador. Two divorces stalled the project, but it's safely tucked away for now. Here's a pic of the Marlin II, and an article on its current owner.
1652817881327.png

https://www.marlinautoclub.com/ConceptCars/Marlin-II/The Marlin II Prototype.pdf

Reactions: BlueC and ColoJeep
I checked out Hot Rod Mag this am, first time in a while, and they actually have a few interesting articles. Here's a recreation of a prototype '54 Corvette.

1652883798127.png

1652883822746.png

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but it is interesting.

Reactions: Zorba and Squatch