Car pics too cool not to share

You can find a turd or a gem from any era as long as you aren't hooked on one country or brand. Given any decade I think I could name a few favorites and find some garbage. There were allot of terrible designs but they tend to fall through the cracks and wind up in the crusher while the gems are all that seem to exist for some years.
I agree. Of course in some eras the exception to the rule is a needle in the haystack. In the early 80's, I find most cars pretty solidly in the turd category.
Styling, performance, or value seems to go against this era.

Reactions: BlueC
1653629776616.png

With the exception of the Grand National, this little 1985 4 cylinder would spank almost every other car of the era, in every category. With just a little tweaking it was possible to get 300 hp, at the crank. I always wanted one, but never pulled the trigger. :love:

46dff9f98764daFord-Mustang-SVO-for-Sale-A-GC.com-3.jpg

7dff9f98764daFord-Mustang-SVO-for-Sale-A-GC.com-15.jpg

093f9f98764daFord-Mustang-SVO-for-Sale-A-GC.com-47.jpg

2495d565ef66eFord-Mustang-SVO-for-Sale-A-GC.com-95.jpg

dff9f98764daFord-Mustang-SVO-for-Sale-A-GC.com-118.jpg

With the exception of the Grand National, this little 1985 4 cylinder would spank almost every other car of the era, in every category. With just a little tweaking it was possible to get 300 hp, at the crank. I always wanted one, but never pulled the trigger. :love:

View attachment 333179
View attachment 333180
View attachment 333181
View attachment 333182
View attachment 333183
Hand-built goodness. 5-lug wheels. Unique appearance. Great performance. All plusses, in my opinion. However, I could never get past the cost, the fact that it was a 4-cylinder, or that damn flimsy, shaky/bouncy rear spoiler. Nowadays, though, I wouldn't mind having one.

My, how time changes one's perspective. ;)

View attachment 333179
View attachment 333180
View attachment 333181
View attachment 333182
View attachment 333183
A friend had one in highschool. He lost control of it and ran it through a fence ended up in a field.

View attachment 333179
View attachment 333180
View attachment 333181
View attachment 333182
View attachment 333183

I didn't even know about them until 5 or so years ago when my dad stumbled across one sitting in a field. I don't know how many were made/sold, but I don't think I've seen another one.

Reactions: reddvltj and Irun
A friend had one in highschool. He lost control of it and ran it through a fence ended up in a field.
I drove several and this car required experience to keep in control. The power to weight ratio was incredible for that time frame. It was one of the best handling factory cars I've ever driven and was way ahead of its time. Even faster and better that the v8 GT mustang. What it reminded me of was my '98 M3, which I loved!

I didn't even know about them until 5 or so years ago when my dad stumbled across one sitting in a field. I don't know how many were made/sold, but I don't think I've seen another one.
Model Year U.S. Production Canadian Model Total
1984 .. ..........4258................ 250.......... 4508

1985 .............1496 .................19 ...............1515

1985 1/2 ......... 428................. 11.............. 439

1986 ..............2906.............. 476................3382

Totals ............ 9088............... 756.............. 9844

The 1985 1/2 is considered the holy grail. Most power and fewest made.

I had a buddy that built one to over 400 hp. It was a 10 sec car in the 1/4 mile, with great manners. He used to embarrass so many people, badly! :love:

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
Having had a wreck or two like that of my own, I assume he stained the front seat and couldn't get the smell out. :LOL:
Not as bad as the handicapped newspaper photographer that had one of these. The story he told is he got his foot stuck underneath the brake pedal, shot the car off one of those circular on/off ramps and also through a fence, the car was a couple months old. Seems it was a bit too much car for him.

1653667752570.png

Since we are talking turbo cars I might as well talk stupid over the top turbo cars ! 1988 Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer. A Callaway modified version of the
optional Corvette you could buy at the Chevy dealer. This Vette was truly Badass. 254.8 mph, 898 h.p., 772 lb.ft. , 3.9 0-60 , 10.6 qt. mile. and had A/C .
The thing to remember is this happened 34 years ago !
th-1957763602.jpg

Not as bad as the handicapped newspaper photographer that had one of these. The story he told is he got his foot stuck underneath the brake pedal, shot the car off one of those circular on/off ramps and also through a fence, the car was a couple months old. Seems it was a bit too much car for him.

View attachment 333194

Awesome cars. Having had an '03 Cobra around for a short while, I completely understand that car being too much for common folk. That thing was a blast. It would run up to 155 in 5th (they are 6-speed cars), and it would do it in a hurry, before the stock computer limited fuel at 155. Apparently, without a wing, the rear end has a tendency to lift and rotate around 175 and Ford thought that was unsafe for the public.

I'd like to have another one, but with a wing, smaller pulley and tuner. Maybe get a chance to dust-off 6th under boost. ;) Of course, I'm a little older now and might not have the "edge" needed to go that fast. :unsure:

Life is weird. How the hell did I go from fast cars like that to a TJ. :unsure:
:LOL:

Last edited:
Awesome cars. Having had an '03 Cobra around for a short while, I completely understand that car being too much for common folk. That thing was a blast. It would run up to 155 in 5th (they are 6-speed cars), and it would do it in a hurry, before the stock computer limited fuel at 155. Apparently, without a wing, the rear end has a tendency to lift and rotate around 175 and Ford thought that was unsafe for the public.

I'd like to have another one, but with a wing, smaller pulley and tuner. Maybe get a chance to dust-off 6th under boost. ;) Of course, I'm a little older now and might not have the "edge" needed to go that fast. :unsure:

Life is weird. How the hell did I go from fast cars like that to a TJ. :unsure:
:LOL:
Here's your happy compromise...;)
1653677369507.png